Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: dual commissioned agent
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 2/6/19 4:50pm Msg #602915
I was a notary in NY before I moved to TX. NY's notaries are commissioned and regulated through the Division of Licensing, not through the Secretary of State. NY does not allow dual commissioning - you have to be a full-time resident of NY to get a commission. Providing a bogus address for a nonresident in order to facilitate obtaining a NY notary commission would be very illegal, so do yourself a favor and forget that idea.

Your profile says that you are in North Bergen, NJ; I know the area, so I know you can see Manhattan across the river from there. I can understand why you might want a dual commission, but NY doesn't allow it. Unfortunately, your clients and customers in NY are going to have to come to you for notary services and not the other way around.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 dual commissioned agent -  Mahmut Kurt on 2/5/19 11:06pm
 Reciprocity ... - BobbiCT on 2/6/19 6:32am
 Re: Reciprocity ... -  Mahmut Kurt on 2/6/19 11:35am
 Mahmut, post shows IL, profile says NJ - Lee/AR on 2/6/19 8:21am
 Re: Mahmut, post shows IL, profile says NJ - spnotaryplus on 2/6/19 4:28pm
 Re: dual commissioned agent - MikeC/TX on 2/6/19 4:50pm
 Per New York Division of Licensing - Linda_H/FL on 2/6/19 6:10pm
 Re: Per New York Division of Licensing - MikeC/TX on 2/7/19 6:45pm
 Re: dual commissioned agent - FGX/NJ on 2/7/19 8:07am
 Re: dual commissioned agent - MikeC/TX on 2/7/19 6:47pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.