Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

From replies, I'd say this is a 'state-specific' thing.
Posted by Lee/AR of AR on 3/13/19 3:08pm Msg #604310
And I also see that the next time I agree to do one of these, I DO need to ask more questions as waiting 2 1/2 hrs. for other witnesses to finish would NOT be something I'd want to do. I also think, based on real-life experience, that in the 'wait scenario', the powers-that-be simply screwed up and forgot you were there waiting. The real-life experiences are 1) the lawyer immediately started asking the witness questions but I (with much trepidation) spoke up & said "I'm the notary who was supposed to swear in this witness". Even over the phone, I sensed the embarrassment and they had me do my part & immediately leave. Second one was a bit worse as the 'other side' of the hearing started yelling & carrying on before anyone else could do/say anything and it took a few minutes while the judge and other side's attorney got them to shut up & sit down.

My point is that every one I've done has been a little different from every other one. You really don't KNOW what you're getting yourself into, but a LOT of questions seems to be in order.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 In-person deposition guide -  VT_Syrup on 3/13/19 8:34am
 Re: In-person deposition guide -  ikando on 3/13/19 12:32pm
 Re: In-person deposition guide -  VT_Syrup on 3/13/19 12:55pm
 In-person deposition guide - NewPhoenix on 3/13/19 1:06pm
 From replies, I'd say this is a 'state-specific' thing. - Lee/AR on 3/13/19 3:08pm
 Re: From replies, I -  JanetK_CA on 3/13/19 3:29pm
 I have done oath administrations (swearing in) for video or -  MW/VA on 3/13/19 7:34pm
 Re: I have done oath administrations (swearing in) for video or -  VT_Syrup on 3/13/19 8:19pm
 Re: Telephonic court appearances - FlaNotary2 on 3/14/19 4:56am
 I've done many of those for telephone conferences for FL. -  MW/VA on 3/14/19 5:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.