Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Reverse Mortgage..Not signing today
Posted by  Claudine Osborne of OH on 4/17/14 9:29pm Msg #506084
I had a signing today for a RM. As I start talking to the BOs the Mr did not seem to be too aware of what was going on! I asked him several basic questions, day of the week, who was sitting with him what we were signing these papers for? He wasnt sure on any of the questions. The wife then speaks up and says "I can use the POA paperwork" She explains that husband has dementia and alhzeimers.

There were some application documents in this package that they needed to initial so I glanced at those and noticed the Mr had signed them back in early Nov. The POA was drawn in late Oct. That was 6 months ago! These RM take time to pull together.

The Mrs. said at the time he wasn't as bad as he is now! So I make a phone call to TC and tried to explain as discreetly as possible to them that the Mr has some medical issues and cannot sign these documents. I mentioned the POA and of course TC stated that is has to be approved before they can be used. Signing adjourned!

The sad part is that their appraisal expires and they will have to start this process all over again. The Mrs just could not understand why no one listened to her when she sent the POA back in Nov. She claimed the LO knew about them and that he told her it was Ok to use them today! Huh..She was upset and did understand why they could not sign today!

When I left I called TC back and explained the nature of the medical issues and why I didnt fully explain them in the first phone call..I was trying to save the Mr some embarassment..the poor man was confused enough as it was! The TC did appreciate that I called back to explain as they were confused too!

There was no way that this poor man could have signed today and I am glad that I was the one to assist them! The Mrs wasn't too happy with me but understood the legal ramifications if this had been allowed to go forward! She did invite me back for coffee tomorrow..Lol
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Reverse Mortgage..Not signing today -  Claudine Osborne on 4/17/14 9:29pm
 You are a Wonderful person, Claudine. Your efforts are -  Christine/OK on 4/18/14 6:03am
 I've seen a couple of situations like that. One co. said it -  MW/VA on 4/18/14 6:54am
 Was this company serious??? -  Linda_H/FL on 4/18/14 7:18am
 My apologies - I'm a year behind myself.. -  Linda_H/FL on 4/18/14 7:21am
 Changes are ongoing. -  Shoshana/AZ on 4/18/14 7:33am
 They were serious, but I didn't go along with it. No one -  MW/VA on 4/18/14 9:37am
 Re: Reverse Mortgage..Not signing today - Bear900/CA on 4/18/14 9:43am
 Never thought I'd be saying this, but I disagree with you -  Linda_H/FL on 4/18/14 9:54am
 Re: IMO the lender AND title AND the LO dropped the ball'.. - Bear900/CA on 4/18/14 10:51am
 Re: Reverse Mortgage..Not signing today -  jba/fl on 4/18/14 10:45am
 You did the only thing you could do ... - BobbiCT on 4/18/14 10:05am
 Re: You did the only thing you could do ... -  Claudine Osborne on 4/18/14 9:22pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.