Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

New way SS's are delaying payment.
Posted by desktopfull of FL on 4/23/14 3:12pm Msg #506415
The company sends you a check in the mail within 2 weeks of the closing, this is great. BUT--they don't sign the check, making it non-negotiable (I admit it's my fault for not checking to see that the check was signed). Takes a week or so to get said check back from the bank with the notice of no signature. Contact company for replacement (scanned and emailed copy of unsigned check) they say they will send one right out.

I never get replacement and keep contacting the company, they claim they have sent out two replacements since notification and want to verify my address, which hasn't changed since I received the unsigned check. I question them as to why would they send out two replacements, because if they got the check back in the mail wouldn't they contact me as to the reason instead of writing another check and mailing to the same address. They tell me that they didn't get a check back in the mail, but mailed out another check when I contacted them again.

It's now over 90 days and no payment. Today I demanded that the payment be made to my PayPal account. If they don't I will report them to the regulatory boards in CA. I didn't destroy the first check as the company instructed and will file charges for a bad check if I don't get paid.

This is just a heads up to check the signature line on checks you receive to make sure that they have been signed.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New way SS's are delaying payment. - desktopfull on 4/23/14 3:12pm
 Just FYI: This is by no means "new" - GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/23/14 3:22pm
 Re: Just FYI: This is by no means "new" - desktopfull on 4/23/14 3:28pm
 You're welcome. Go get 'em! n/m - GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/23/14 3:40pm
 Re: New way SS -  Keys_Notary on 4/23/14 3:33pm
 Re: New way SS - desktopfull on 4/23/14 3:36pm
 Re: New way SS -  Yoli/CA on 4/23/14 4:35pm
 Re: New way SS - 101livescan on 4/23/14 8:03pm
 This may be a solution to unsigned checks -  LKT/CA on 4/23/14 8:20pm
 Re: New way SS - DD/CA on 4/23/14 9:44pm
 DD...oh, DD.... n/m -  jba/fl on 4/23/14 9:56pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.