Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Why are people doing 180 page closings without an additional
Posted by  NJDiva of NJ on 4/24/14 12:48pm Msg #506558
print fee.

Okay, so I took a closing last night around 8:15pm for a closing this morning at 9am...I received doc's this morning (well last night around midnight-not sure if it was my time or PT). Need less to say I did not gain access to the doc's until around 7am this morning (when I got up.)

As I began to print I saw that it was a 180 page document. Are you KIDDING ME?? Of course I called but it was too early. I left a message letting them know I was going to do it so as not to cause problems for them, the financial institution and also for the borrower, but that I needed an additional print fee. I also said that I was doing it under good faith that I would be compensated.

Here is the email I received back:

"I received your voice message regarding the large size of the package. I have added the additional $XX you requested and sent a new confirmation.

Our pay policy is $25 for printing per order regardless of the size of the package. Our schedulers do not know the size of the document packages until documents are received. Going forth, additional fees for printing will not be approved. This is a onetime courtesy.

I do know that XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX does have the large packages. When a scheduler calls, you can ask who the lender is. If it is XXXXXXXXXXX, you can negotiate at that time or decline the signing. Sometimes, a document package will have a HELOC piggybacked. If that is the case, we do pay an additional $25.

Please let me know if you have any questions."

So that was a very nice email and I appreciate that they're compensating me. However, this was my response:

"XXXX thank you so much for your kind consideration.

But I don't think companies realize that it's not just a print fee. It also adds a considerable amount of time. My meticulous closings typically take 45 mins to an hour. This took over an hour and a half. So, though the supplies for the print fee is a part of the equation, it's the additional time that needs to be compensated as well.

People are really doing themselves an injustice if they are accepting the same fee for double the expectation.

I understand companies have their policies but I'm sure you can appreciate my position.

I have not performed a whole lot of closings for XXXXX (title company) so I'm still getting used to their policies.

Thank you again for your time and for allowing me to share my experience and views as well.

I look forward to working with XXXX again soon."

People, this was a single borrower signing and she was kind enough to accept my description of each document and not read everything word for word. If there were 2 signers it probably would have added a good 10 min's, and if there were any hiccups or questions, well who knows HOW long it would have taken. AAAAnd if I were not adept, experienced and a long time NSA, this could have been a nightmare.

Thank G*d I didn't have a closing after this one. Though I give myself ample time, I can assure you this would have been an issue.

So, I am perplexed as to WHY in the name of anyone important would people do this???????? My G*d! STOP!!! I say this over and over and over, if you want to work as an employee, get the hell out of this industry and go work for McDonald's. You'll make more and not cause permanent damage to our already weakened and diminishing industry.

This is pathetic. Don't be so frkn DESPERATE. Stand your ground (in a nice and professional way).

Sorry if I sound aggressive or offensive. I'm just very passionate about this...well, pretty much everything I feel strongly about...lol

Come on YA'LL! Let's keep this industry alive.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Why are people doing 180 page closings without an additional -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 12:48pm
 Forgot to proof read...please forget typo's and or grammar.. n/m -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 12:48pm
 Re: Forgot to proof read...please forget typo - Luckydog on 4/24/14 1:00pm
 Re: Forgot to proof read...please forget typo - Larry/CO on 4/24/14 1:19pm
 lol...okay, thanks for your opinion LD, but oh contrare... -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 1:23pm
 Warning, do not read this while crunching a carrot stick. ;) n/m - Bear900/CA on 4/24/14 4:25pm
 G*d?? What's wrong with just typing God. Off topic I know -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/24/14 1:13pm
 Carrie, it's actually a religious thing... - Marian_in_CA on 4/24/14 1:19pm
 Ohhhh...thanks for the explanation...I've never seen this -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/24/14 1:24pm
 lol...l love you guys!..when I go to people's homes I always -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 1:42pm
 no no so not driving me crazy, but something I noticed... -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/24/14 1:48pm
 Re: lol...PS...I just googled WASP -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 1:48pm
 Re: lol...l love you guys!..when I go to people - Marian_in_CA on 4/24/14 1:49pm
 You described it much more than what I knew it to be... -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 2:04pm
 Re: You described it much more than what I knew it to be... -  JanetK_CA on 4/24/14 3:40pm
 Re: lol...l love you guys!..when I go to people - Ronnie_WA on 4/24/14 2:15pm
 OMGOSH! You'll love this one lucky... -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 2:53pm
 Re: OMGOSH! You - Luckydog on 4/24/14 5:32pm
 Is this YOU getting the ticket? - Bear900/CA on 4/24/14 6:34pm
 I just spoke with a major tc the other day about this. They -  MW/VA on 4/24/14 7:39pm
 I can appreciate that Marilyn. But as I mentioned, I don't -  NJDiva on 4/24/14 10:20pm
 Re: Why are people doing 180 page closings without an additional - DrLivingston on 4/24/14 11:59pm
 Re: Why are people doing 180 page closings without an additional - Notarycat/CA on 4/25/14 9:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.