Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

A new, let's see if I can get you 2 lower your own fees line
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/22/14 5:25pm Msg #512090
... for me. I guess they must be having some level of success with it, unless it is relatively new for them and they are trying it out. ??

My laugh for the day --

Scheduler > calls for signing tomorrow. He DOES disclose that this lender is known for having very "large" loan packages, "probably 180-200pgs". Requested my quote. [Scheduler was very professional, nice, & upfront with the larger than normal pkg information -- All a BIG + in my book for any scheduler]

Me >>It is a local signing with a doc pkg with up to 200 pgs, so I quoted my normal fee of $150 for the larger than normal size loan pkg, up to 200 pgs (no fax backs included in this quote)

> "Let me ask my boss to see what she says & I'll get back to you."

>> "I can hold on if you would like to ask her now."

> "Um, ... OK. Let me ask her. ... She's not at her desk right now, so I'll ask her and get back to you, OK?"

>> "That will be fine. I'll leave the time open for scheduling until I hear back from you."

A few minutes later he calls back.
> "My boss said that she already has a signing agent that will do it for $130, just wanted to know if that would work for you ?" (i.e. will I reduce my own quote that I just gave him)

>> "If you already have someone that will do it for $130, I'd use him if I were you." (said with a smile, but doing all I could to hold back an outburst of laughter.)

> "Well, we just wanted to see if you would be willing to do it for the same price and give you a chance to book the signing."

>> "No, I can't lower my fees. It's not just the extra printing, but also the extra time at the table involved.

> "I understand."

>> If you already have someone that will do it for $130, I'd book it with him right away. Thank you for calling me back with the update, I really appreciate the return call."

> "Maybe next time."

In between his phone calls I looked the company up in SC. I knew that I used to work with them a lot years ago, but knew that it had been several years since they called me regularly. I discovered that the last call I received from them was about 2 years ago when they booked a somewhat last minute (less than 4 hrs or so) signing with "docs ready". After the confirmation was received, they never sent me any docs and would not return any of my calls or emails. Obviously, they kept on shopping around and found a cheaper NSA but didn't have the decency to cancel the appointment with me. Who knows, I might have been their "just in case the cheaper one falls through" booking. I haven't heard from them until today.

On the positive side at least, it seems like they have a much more professional scheduling staff (in as far as how he handled himself on the calls with me).

Does anyone really believe that they "already had" another professional signing agent that had quoted them $130 for this signing, but that they just wanted to "give me the opportunity" to "price match" another, unnamed, local NSA for the job? ROTFLMBO Smile

That is one of the better uses of the market has dried up and NSA's are probably so desperate for work that we can get them to lower their own fees without us even having to ask line of thinking I have heard in some time. I'll have to write that one down. In over 9 years I haven't had that line used on me; not to mention from a company that has a history with me of continuing to shop around after they have already agreed & booked a signing with me.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A new, let's see if I can get you 2 lower your own fees line - Moneyman/TX on 7/22/14 5:25pm
 Re: Actually it sound pretty good...sounds like they -  Notarysigner on 7/22/14 6:13pm
 Re: Actually it sound pretty good...sounds like they - Moneyman/TX on 7/23/14 10:12am
 Those you have a good working relationship with will -  Notarysigner on 7/23/14 10:40am
 If they had a 130 notary, why did they call you back to tell - jnew on 7/22/14 8:27pm
 Re: If they had a 130 notary, why did they call you back to tell - Moneyman/TX on 7/23/14 10:36am
 Re: A new, let - MikeC/TX on 7/23/14 5:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.