Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

My Laugh For The Day.
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 7/22/14 9:26pm Msg #512099
Signing company calls me at 8:45 p.m. this evening and asks me if I can go and do a closing in Apple Valley this evening . . . "it is right up the street from you" she proudly says. We all know that right up the street from you is just a prelude to a low-ball offer. I say "sure . . . no problem . . . what are you paying for this closing right up the street from me?" She says "we pay $75.00". I 'bout choked on my own spit . . . "$75.00 . . . I've signed off and on for your company over the past five years and your owner (let's just call her Hazel as not to give away her true identity) has always paid me $100.00 to $125.00 for a closing. "Well I have worked for Hazel for the past ten years and we pay $75.00". And then she adds, "You are the first notary I called this evening" . . . and again she reiterates the fact that it is right up the street from me. I guess she thought I should feel honored that she chose me first to go and do this last-minute late-night signing right up the street from me for $75.00. So I have to explain to the charming young girl who has worked for Hazel for the past ten years and has offered me first dibs on a last-minute late-night signing right up the street from me for $75.00 that it is approaching 9:00 p.m. here and by the time I get the docs, get them printed, confirm with the borrower's, and then drive to their home . . . we're talking 10:00 - 10:30 p.m. I cannot do this for $75.00. My fee will be $125.00. I think she 'bout choked on her spit . . . and after a long moment of silence she asks "it's only 6:45 p.m. in California . . . why would it take you until 10:00 - 10:30 p.m.? I had to explain to her that I am in Minnesota . . . not California . . . there is a two hour time difference. "Oh . . . you're not in Apple Valley, California?" "No . . . I am in Apple Valley, Minnesota".
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My Laugh For The Day. -  PegiT_MN on 7/22/14 9:26pm
 Re: My Laugh For The Day. -  JanetK_CA on 7/23/14 12:07am
 Re: My Laugh For The Day. -  Ilene C. Seidel on 7/23/14 5:01am
 spewing coffee at that response. LOL n/m - jba/fl on 7/23/14 6:00am
 Re: spewing coffee at that response. LOL -  VT_Syrup on 7/23/14 6:50am
 Re: My Laugh For The Day. - CopperheadVA on 7/23/14 7:24am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.