Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Another silver-lined day in the life of a Notary ...
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 7/29/14 6:02pm Msg #512501
So, after my shower and getting dressed this morning I remembered I have to get the car fueled. Get in my trusty 2007 RX350. Tries to start on the first try but juuuussst didn't manage it. 2nd try - nothing but fast clicking sounds. 3rd try, same thing. WTH!! Worked fine yesterday!

Call dealership. Service writer feels it's the battery. Well, it's only the original battery since I purchased the car July 2006. Guess I've been pretty lucky. Call AAA road service and find out I can buy battery from tech coming out to jump start for the same price as at dealership and my local auto repair shop. Great!! Let's do it!

Not so great. Road service gets here. He can jump start car but they no longer carry batteries. In fact, they going out of business on the 25th. Sorry to hear that, guy.

Quick jump start and head over to local repair shop. After waiting for about 45 minutes and paying $140.72, car is ready. Head out to my local Sam's Club to get gas -- remember, my original destination. Windows aren't working right. In fact, the only windows half-assed working are driver's side and moon roof, but not automatically, have to hold button up or down. All other windows not working by using driver's master control. I go to Sam's and get gassed. On my way back, I call repair shop who tells me to "come on down and get it checked." No idea how long it'll take. (BTW, it's already 100 degrees out here) I have a 3:00 appointment so decide to follow through on this first thing in the morning. Repair shop says ok, they open at 8:00.

Go home. While docs are printing, I do a little web surfing and find I can reset the automatic windows myself. Which, I do. Also reset the clock and the navigation system regional area. Seems everything goes awry when changing a battery. Anyway, seems everything is working correctly now.

Silver lining? Work is slow enough that I didn't miss any calls and can now reset my auto windows myself.

Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Another silver-lined day in the life of a Notary ... -  Yoli/CA on 7/29/14 6:02pm
 Just curious - BearPaw/CO on 7/29/14 8:21pm
 Re: Just curious -  Yoli/CA on 7/29/14 10:00pm
 Please continue, folks... -  JanetK_CA on 7/29/14 10:08pm
 Re: Just curious - BearPaw/CO on 7/29/14 11:38pm
 Re: Just curious - SueW/Tn on 7/30/14 8:22am
 Re: Just curious - Chakwaina on 7/31/14 11:23am
 Yoli, CSAA going out of business? -  Shoshana/AZ on 7/29/14 9:13pm
 No, Shoshana. The garage AAA sent out for -  Yoli/CA on 7/29/14 9:38pm
 Re: Another silver-lined day in the life of a Notary ... -  101livescan on 7/30/14 8:41am
 enjoyed Yoli's post and - notarydi/CA on 7/30/14 9:46am
 Re: enjoyed Yoli - had my car to the shop for routine -  snowflake/PA on 7/30/14 10:07am
 $340 for me last week -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/30/14 1:41pm
 Agree 101! :) I got my Prius last year 0% for 5 years n/m - ananotary on 7/30/14 11:08am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.