Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

My Reply to a Cattle Call
Posted by Chakwaina of TN on 7/31/14 10:52am Msg #512583
Received this a few minutes ago:

--------
Hello,

We found you listed on Notary Rotary or Reo Network.

Are you available to complete a FIELD VISIT in the following areas:

Mc Ewen, TN 37101
It is a possible two attempt letter delivery on behalf of the customer’s client. The letter is asking the customer to call the client regarding their account. If the customer is not home, the letter can be left taped to the door or with a third party at the residence in a sealed confidential envelope labeled personal and confidential with the customers name on it. Photos of the exterior property are required.

Special Instructions:

DO NOT attempt neighbor contact.

MUST Attempt on SATURDAY ONLY - 8/2/14 between 8am and 12pm CST. (Not before 8am local)

We typically pay $15-$25 for field visits.

Please let me know if you can complete and what your fee would be.
------------

My response was:

--------

Without an exact address to know correct mileage, I will figure miles from my office to the city center=45 miles and one hour one way.

That would be a total of 90 miles (that is if the location is on this side of McEwen and not out in the country on the other side) and 2.5 hours of my time. This is a very rural area and it is also mostly back roads.

All the above being taken into consideration, my fee for this would be $152.50--if the location is more than 45 miles one way, there will be an additional charge.

Please let me know, ASAP, if you can meet my fee with the extra charge caveat.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to complete this job for you. I look forward to working with you on this and other assignments in the future.

-------

I mean really-I didn't even figure in the risk of getting shot! And the "rural" roads I referred to, about half are "chert" and it's going to rain between now and then-if you have never driven on chert when it's wet-it is slicker than owl sh&^!

McEwen is a beautiful, small town that is mostly very old, heritage farms on the other side of that 45 mile line.

I understand the assignment only calls for the delivery of a letter and a few pictures but they do not understand my miles, the wear & tear on the vehicle will be more due it being back roads (chert or roads not black topped in 30 years) nor the drive time.

I hope they also sent this to someone that lives across the street because that is the only way I would even consider doing this for $15-$25.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My Reply to a Cattle Call - Chakwaina on 7/31/14 10:52am
 Re: Their Response - Chakwaina on 7/31/14 10:55am
 Chakwaina--to the "getting shot" aspect, I consider also - Darlin_AL on 7/31/14 11:06am
 Re: Chakwaina--to the "getting shot" aspect, I consider also - Chakwaina on 7/31/14 11:12am
 Re: Mapping - Chakwaina on 7/31/14 11:07am
 Re: Mapping -  ikando on 8/1/14 2:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.