Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

How much is enough.
Posted by  Linda Juenger of IL on 8/20/14 9:06am Msg #513705
Last Oct. I signed an elderly lady's refi. She signed POA for her husband. Her husband had a leg removed and is in a Nursing Home. The lady had just had carpel tunnel surgery and signed really slow. Her 50ish daughter had just gotten out of the hospital with part of her foot removed. They are all basically just trying to take care of each other.
Got called to do a RM. When I got the order, I recognized the name immediately. I was glad to get to see her again. However, the lender would not accept her POA to sign for her husband again. They wanted their own POA, which I do NOT understand. She had one from an attorney. They put this lady through the ringer getting this new POA, making her get a letter from the Dr., then something else, then this, then that and at one point wouldn't accept something because it wasn't on proper letter head. They all thought it was good to go, until I get there. I didn't sleep very well last night because I feel soooo bad to have added more stress onto this lady. The lender had wanted the husband to sign the POA by signature by mark at the nursing home. I go to the lady's home first and ask her what kind of ID her husband had. He had NOTHING that I could accept, no DL, no ID card, no passport. He only had a very old work ID, SS card, ins card. I felt soooo bad to have to refuse this. He doesn't even have a birth certificate to go to the dmv to get an ID card.
Question is this though. WHY is one POA good enough for some but not for others? Does the law allow them to do this? If a POA was drawn up by an attorney last year, why is that not still good? Please enlighten me.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How much is enough. -  Linda Juenger on 8/20/14 9:06am
 Re: How much is enough. -  PegiT_MN on 8/20/14 9:20am
 "Unacceptable" Power of Attorney - BobbiCT on 8/20/14 9:23am
 Re: How much is enough. - jba/fl on 8/20/14 9:31am
 Re: How much is enough. - notarydi/CA on 8/20/14 9:33am
 Re: How much is enoug -  PegiT_MN on 8/20/14 9:38am
 Re: How much is enough. -  Notarysigner on 8/20/14 9:38am
 Re: How much is enough. - LKT/CA on 8/20/14 6:53pm
 Brick and mortar lenders have no compassion -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/14 9:50am
 Compliance or not...I believe Florida recently passed -  Linda_H/FL on 8/20/14 10:00am
 Re: Compliance or not...I believe Florida recently passed -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/14 10:07am
 Re: Compliance or not...I believe Florida recently passed - LKT/CA on 8/20/14 6:46pm
 Re: Compliance or not...I believe Florida recently passed -  Linda Juenger on 8/20/14 10:09am
 I wonder if they can't find an advocate somewhere to assist -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/14 10:22am
 Re: How much is enough. -  VT_Syrup on 8/20/14 11:58am
 Re: How much is enough. -  VT_Syrup on 8/20/14 1:56pm
 Re: How much is enough. -  JanetK_CA on 8/21/14 12:21am
 Re: How much is enough. - RWK/LA on 8/20/14 11:00pm
 Re: How much is enough. -  Go2NotaryLLC on 8/21/14 5:30pm
 Re: How much is enough. - Chakwaina on 8/22/14 9:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.