Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Signed, sealed, DELIVERED
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 9/22/14 9:22am Msg #515734
This is a hypothetical question, and I realize it falls outside a notary's area of authority, so it would be foolish for a notary who is not an attorney to discuss this with a client or signer.

Suppose a buyer does a remote purchase. The buyer signs his documents, hands over the check, and the critical docs are faxed to Title at noon (the Title company was hired by the seller). The package is handed to a FedEx desk clerk at one o'clock. The Title company ponders what they have received, decide everything is in order, and wire funds at four o'clock. They hold on to the title, intending to send it to be recorded tomorrow.

But, at two o'clock, one hour after the buyer's package is submitted to Title, and before Title takes any action on it, the house burns to the ground.

Can the buyer claim that the deal is null and void, because the deed had not been delivered to him, and thus the seller still owned the property at the time of the fire?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signed, sealed, DELIVERED -  VT_Syrup on 9/22/14 9:22am
 Re: Signed, sealed, DELIVERED -  Ilene C. Seidel on 9/22/14 10:25am
 Re: Signed, sealed, DELIVERED -  Notarysigner on 9/22/14 10:26am
 Re: Signed, sealed, DELIVERED -  VT_Syrup on 9/22/14 11:42am
 O.k. NO need to find the answer then. n/m -  Notarysigner on 9/22/14 11:59am
 I just upgraded my Iphone to OS 8.1 Siris -  Notarysigner on 9/22/14 12:13pm
 Re: Signed, sealed, DELIVERED - jnew on 9/22/14 12:53pm
 Re: Signed, sealed, DELIVERED - Luckydog on 9/22/14 2:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.