Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Wow. Guess you had to have been there
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 9/23/14 6:59am Msg #515815
This experience appeared in an NNA e-mail on how to handle cranky borrowers:

<<ARLETA GRENSKY
22 Sep 2014
husband was not going to allow wife to sign documents. he felt he should be the only signer. explained wife's signature was needed as the property was in her (name) also and for the purpose of this refi her signature. he shouted out that no one tells him what to in his home then threw the pen at me and hit me with it. i sat, did not say a word. he finally said that he could get any one he wanted to do my job. i agreed and after bit he let her sign. after we finished i shook hands with him and said it had been a pleasure to work with him. talk about embarrassed was he ever.>>

I can relate to this scenario ... I've had many signings where "the man of the house" resents "the little woman" having to sign. (Mostly, the Big Man hasn't figured out how to get his pesky wife off title yet). But if somebody had thrown a pen at me (which is assault by any definition) I certainly would NOT be shaking hands with him at any point. And if I hadn't packed up and left by then, I certainly would have been tempted to bail when he said he could get anybody to notarize. (Been there done that, too).

Arleta Grensky was either desperate for this job or she wanted to take Mr. Bully to the mat. And either she was lying when she told him it was "a pleasure to work with him," or she got some sort of masochistic pleasure out of the whole experience.

And by the way, how did it come to all this? During confo call it should have been clear who all the signing parties were and who should be present at the signing table, probably with copies of IDs ready. Of course, maybe she left a message, and Mr. Pen Thrower didn't call back, thinking he'd deal with her later.

We've all had horrible borrowers, and somehow we get us and them through it... but being hit with a thrown object would be a game changer for me. Also, I think it's a bad idea to conduct a loan signing (or any signing) in such a hostile setting. Could come back to bite you. Yikes! Even more violence!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Wow. Guess you had to have been there - BearPaw/CO on 9/23/14 6:59am
 Re: Wow. Guess you had to have been there -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/23/14 7:34am
 Had signing several yrs ago. Mr didn't tell Mrs, who let it - HrdwrkrVA on 9/23/14 8:35am
 I agree - I am not a punching bag nor an abused person with - jba/fl on 9/23/14 9:03am
 Re: To All New Notaries - sheltn on 9/23/14 4:39pm
 Re: To All New Notaries -  sanjqnvly on 9/23/14 6:20pm
 Re: I agree - 911 if I was hit with the pen as how could a - Darlin_AL on 9/23/14 9:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.