Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Notary requirements for KY vehicle purchaser in IN, OH?
Posted by Joel Benedict of KY on 12/16/14 5:41pm Msg #520856
I'm in the less-typical situation of being a notary and needing a notary myself. I live in Kentucky, and I'm probably going to buy a car from Indiana or Ohio. My question is this: do I need a notary present to verify the signing of the seller, and if so, does the signature of the seller need to be verified at the same time as the title exchange to the buyer?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to schedule a notary (who isn't me, because this is a personal interest) to be there at the same time I'm trading for the title. There's also the matter of the Bill of Sale getting notarized, which might be separate from the title in IN and OH. Any thoughts?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary requirements for KY vehicle purchaser in IN, OH? - Joel Benedict on 12/16/14 5:41pm
 Re: Notary requirements for KY vehicle purchaser in IN, OH? -  Yoli/CA on 12/16/14 5:58pm
 Re: Notary requirements for KY vehicle purchaser in IN, OH? - Joel Benedict on 12/16/14 6:48pm
 If the vehicle is currently titled in Ohio... -  Roger_OH on 12/16/14 8:41pm
 Re: Notary requirements for KY vehicle purchaser in IN, OH? -  Dennis_IN on 12/18/14 8:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.