Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Subcontracting
Posted by ArtG/KS of KS on 1/26/15 9:26am Msg #523094
An earlier poster here said that contracting companies may be asking for things that they should not and thereby compromising independant status as defined by IRS regulations. Sorry to say that is not true. Independant contractor status is setting up your own business and working by contract for various companies and or for individual work, that is different for every customer of the client, and is a different work project. I was a contracts administrator for 23 years for a company in a prior work life and I watched the wording carefully in those proposed contracts.

I made the proposers remove three clauses before I would even consider the proposal. Those three were "succesors and assigns", "automatic renewal" and the clause where it would cleverly say "no changes can be made to this contract". Once all that was removed, then I would take time to discuss the contract proposal.

When a subcontractor, you get no benefits from the supplier company except "pay for performance".
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Subcontracting - ArtG/KS on 1/26/15 9:26am
 Re: Subcontracting - Notarysigner on 1/26/15 10:17am
 Re: Subcontracting - ArtG/KS on 1/26/15 10:48am
 Ok, thanks Art. I should have said when a TC uses a SS. n/m - Notarysigner on 1/26/15 10:55am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.