Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Translator
Posted by  Mike Goodey of CA on 1/28/15 9:06pm Msg #523344
Hello all! This is for California notaries, in particular, but anyone with experience who would like to answer is appreciated. Had a refi today but when I arrived, I found out that the wife didn't speak or understand much English. I'm not fluent in Spanish,(why I took French in high school I'll never know.) I wasn't comfortable having her sign docs that she herself didn't understand. Yes, someone could translate for her but my concern was that she wasn't getting the correct information.
Anyway, after going toe to toe with the lender, I decided I wasn't comfortable with the situation. He kept laying the guilt trip on me..."They've been waiting 90 days and I've done 100's of these!" (The lender had never spoken to the clients, only their daughter.) Anyway, she was the translator and, get this, she didn't speak Spanish! I couldn't find anything in the handbook about this although I may have missed a page. The borrowers were very understanding
Just wondering what others thought. Let me know if I am way off base.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Translator -  Mike Goodey on 1/28/15 9:06pm
 Re: Translator - LKT/CA on 1/28/15 9:11pm
 No completely true, LKT - rengel/CA on 1/29/15 4:10pm
 Re: No completely true, LKT - LKT/CA on 1/29/15 4:34pm
 Page 19.... -  Marian_in_CA on 1/28/15 9:23pm
 Re: Page 19.... - Luckydog on 1/29/15 1:53pm
 Re: Translator - MikeC/TX on 1/29/15 6:18pm
 HUH?!?! MikeC - LKT/CA on 1/29/15 6:34pm
 I was going to say that same thing! n/m -  Marian_in_CA on 1/29/15 8:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.