Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Check your new legislative bills
Posted by  BrendaTx of TX on 3/29/15 11:51pm Msg #527781
Especially those talking about "modernizing notarial acts" or "electronic notarial acts."

Texas has a new bill afloat. HB 3309.
--->[By the way, if you are a Texas notary, I'm probably going to ask you to write your representative once I get this one figured out. I'll be calling the capitol tomorrow. Please PM me and I will keep you in the loop]<---

I went through HB 3309 line by line tonight.

95% of it was painful and aggravating, but there was one little subsection that I REALLY don't care for much.

The electronic record must contain for each electronic notarization:
[SNIP]

(D) a recording of any video and audio conference that is the basis for satisfactory evidence of identity and a notation of the type of identification presented as evidence;

Hmmm...now, why would a Texas notary be involved in an A/V conference taking one's ID?

Check your bills closely. Texas HB 3309 contains a whole bunch of Virginia's webcam law verbatim without actually saying A/V conferences are okay for e-notarization...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Check your new legislative bills -  BrendaTx on 3/29/15 11:51pm
 Texans, here is the link to HB 3309 -  BrendaTx on 3/29/15 11:53pm
 a toe on the slippery slope? -  ReneeK_MI on 3/30/15 7:08am
 Re: Check your new legislative bills -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/30/15 7:39am
 Re: Check your new legislative bills -  CharlotteTX on 4/1/15 11:34am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.