Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Annual NAACP ACT-SO Competition (cont'd)
Posted by Karla/OR of OR on 4/17/15 2:01pm Msg #529191
Here is an update on this subject:

This morning I left voice mails on the hiring party's office and cell numbers. Then sent her an e-mail explaining the student ID's do not have signatures (I called the school to ask), and would need each student to have two credible witnesses in lieu of student ID. I said learner's permit or driver's license were ok. I also asked if the original AND the copies need individual notarizations.

She answered via e-mail with a copy of two PREVIOUS competiton notarizations here (one in 2004 and the other in 2013) by two separate notaries. The notarizations had ONLY the notary stamp, the notary signature, and the date!!!!! NO cert verbiage!! )O:

I called the hiring party and explained I could not repeat what previous notaries had done as they were not done legally per the state. I told her I would either hand write the cert verbiage directly on the document or attach a loose leaf cert. She said hand write on the original and then attach loose leaf on the 6 copies. (The student is going to hand me the original and all six copies). Not a problem.

She and another party will be the credible witnesses, so that covers all my bases!

Thanks to all of you for hanging on here with me regarding this subject and offering your support. That's what I love about Not/Rot!

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Annual NAACP ACT-SO Competition (cont'd) - Karla/OR on 4/17/15 2:01pm
 You can notarize a photocopy of a signature?? n/m -  Linda_H/FL on 4/17/15 2:07pm
 Re: You can notarize a photocopy of a signature?? - Karla/OR on 4/17/15 2:26pm
 Re: You can notarize a photocopy of a signature?? -  John Tennant on 4/17/15 2:33pm
 Re: You can notarize a photocopy of a signature?? - Karla/OR on 4/17/15 2:38pm
 Re: You can notarize a photocopy of a signature?? -  VT_Syrup on 4/17/15 3:41pm
 Yes, I will at the event tomorrow. n/m - Karla/OR on 4/18/15 12:24am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.