Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Professional Settlement Services NV, Henderson,Las vegas
Posted by itsfubar2 of TN on 4/17/15 5:28pm Msg #529236
I'm ALSO finished with doing Anything for Professional Settlements out of Henderson (Las Vegas metro) Nevada. I had done a few when they called me straight out rather then the computer Robo- offers to supposedly agents within so many miles..They were desperate when either a Notary cancelled on them or they couldn't find anyone for their always low offer fees. So I took a couple in the past year or two, and they met my fees- which are posted on the notary sites by the way- and I do not leave my house for $ 35.00, $ 45.00 or any number even close to that- not to mention the other costs of toner, paper, gas, miles on my vehicle, my time. risk and whatever else comes with the assignments, paying for back round investigations, and faxbacks also which require a trip back to a computer and or fax and then back out to get the package in a fed x or UPS box in a quick manner since most companies want them mailed asap. Seriously ---- 35.00? Oh did I mention we have to pay for our E and O-- certificate of Notary license-- etc etc.. ?? No wonder I'm getting multiple phone calls a day from companies wanting me to do signings for them-- no one wants to work for what turns out to be less then minimum wage notwithstanding our costs of doing business.

In addition to their prior hand holding, numerous phone calls checking on things, delay in paying etc- TODAY I get an email from PSS seeking a notary for an appointment in 90 minutes on a Friday afternoon with a mention that it was some type of "medical" approvals things- I've seen three of these emails this week in this area all from PSS and all of which stated not only did we need to meet with the signors, provide them a copy of the package (same as loans etc) in addition to having to Fax back everything the same day, that IF the person did not want to complete all the questions and areas to be checked that I was to call an attorney to get them on the phone while at the table--and that IF I couldn't get them on the phone I was to leave a voice mail for them and wait for them to call back.

There was no mention of how many pages there was to print or sign etc. and of course if was in another county here in the mountains since they say they send these emails to every notary in the "area".

So in addition to printing the docs- whatever they were,, faxing back, possibly having to wait for an attorney to consult with on the phone from the signing table in some ones home-- on a Friday afternoon where sometimes in might be hard to get an attorney on the phone--- for all this they stated that for this signing they are willing to pay a total of $ 35.00 !!

I saw the other two a cpl days ago- and in those two I think It was 45.00 on those also with fax backs,attorney calls etc and ignored them also. Now on this one-- they are down to $ 35.00- much less having go be by the printer to print, drive and meet with someone in less then 90 minutes..! I couldn't stand it anymore.

I replied that I thought they were being insulting to Notary Publics- not just to me but everyone who does this.. to offer such a low fee. Apparently they do NOT care one lick about Us Notaries and if you work for them you must be desperate or new and do not value your time and professionalism.. This is without mentioning the prior comments about their low print and trip fees should a signing not be completed.

Anyways within 15-20 minutes my cell phone lit up on the caller Id from Nevada--- and PSS displayed and I figured this would be an interesting conversation.. Unfortunately I was in a noisy place- a carwash at the moment so I had a bit of a hard time hearing everything the lady said who called and so I did not get her name.

It was obvious though that "she" was going to get ME straight.

1. She told me that the Lawyers office that needs this work done-- ONLY is "willing to pay" $ 35.00 for this assignment.. So I ask myself as should you-- is that likely true? does that mean that they--PSS is not making anything on this signing? I doubt thats so- it does cause me to wonder what they might be getting first of all, and second of all- Why in the world would they accept this business from a lawyers office-- at the last minute on a Friday afternoon--? did someone put a gun to their heads saying YOU have to take this and find someone to do this for only 35.00 --- ??? or could it be that they do not have the courage or good sense to tell the law firm (or whatever client) that it would be unlikely that they could get someone to do all this for that price.. and at least offer us notaries a bit more in their robo- mails-- so as to at least encourage me/us to think that maybe a deal could be made to at least make it worth our while --- but at that price offer it tells me that we are way too far off to even begin negotiation.. She did "say" they they maybe could call the firm back and try to get more money if she knew what to ask them for? how about a fair amount- period?

2. This lady told me that it was "insulting" for me to email back to their company that I thought their offers were low balls or not fair and were insulting to us.. So who insulted who first I wonder? Every email I get from this company is low and way below what I would consider at least fair- not even taking into consideration all the other things we have to put up with this company.

3. The same lady told me that "if" I felt that the were insulting me with their low offers and since I insulted "their company" with my email back that they "would take my email off their robo-email list"

I have never been so thankful of anything in a long while.. it ticks me off every time I got one of their robo- messages sometimes even when the signing was in other states a long ways from where I am.

Somehow this company does NOT get it-- and is NOT looking out one bit for us notaries.. take any assignments at your own "risk" .. We notaries must stand together--- and refuse to even consider these low offers and cause these signing companies to stand up to the lenders, law offices, title companies etc. or to at least share a bit more with us. When I get direct calls from title reps, law offices etc. I have no problem getting a fair payment for my services and I give them the best professional service possible- and always are paid in a prompt and accurate manner and don't have to chase down signing services to get paid- while they hold and use our money. It's bad enough to work for a low wage but then to have to wait more then a month or two to get it-- after having to make requests for payments that should have been made when THEY got paid just at or after closing.

Goodbye PSS--- I hope some others call or email and have them remove your email from their notary email blast mail or whatever.. what I find with all these companies is that IF they need you and if your in the area-- they will find you regardless and call you whether they sent out those messages or not-- if no one accepts their low offers and you are listed on the notary sites such as this one--- you are out there. I don't care to see these and be insulted- how about you?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Re: Professional Settlement Services NV, Henderson,Las vegas - itsfubar2 on 4/17/15 5:28pm
 Re: Professional Settlement Services NV, Henderson,Las vegas - itsfubar2 on 4/17/15 5:44pm
 insulting to Notary Publics s/b Notaries Public (pet peeve) -  JPH13/MO on 4/17/15 7:06pm
 Re: insulting to Notary Publics s/b Notaries Public (pet peeve) - itsfubar2 on 4/17/15 8:43pm
 Linked now :-) - Moneyman/TX on 4/17/15 7:43pm
 Re: Linked now :-) - itsfubar2 on 4/17/15 8:30pm
 SC = Signing Central (not South Carolina) n/m -  Teresa/FL on 4/17/15 8:33pm
 Re: SC = Signing Central (not South Carolina) - itsfubar2 on 4/17/15 8:48pm
 Wishing the best for your sister, itsfubar2 n/m - BearPaw/CO on 4/17/15 9:46pm
 Re: Wishing the best for your sister, itsfubar2 - Brenda/FL on 4/17/15 9:58pm
 Sent you a PM : check your inbox :) n/m - Moneyman/TX on 4/22/15 10:02am
 That's quite a nom de plume you have there. - Philip Johnson on 4/18/15 11:16am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.