Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

GNW Bombed yesterday
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/19/15 9:06am Msg #529306
I had an appointment to travel to a Drug Rehab facility yesterday with a General Power of Attorney prepared by an attorney in Orange County for a son to name his mother POA over his financial and personal matters while he is in the facility.

I arrived at the site, and two counselors met me in the driveway. The client indicated to them earlier in the day that he wasn't sure he would sign it. They were to be credible witnesses. The client is on suicide watch, making it a very interesting assignment. He had lost his ID somewhere along his turbulent life on the streets and underpasses of Santa Barbara.

When I arrived in the room, Ryan then joined us, we all sat together as Ryan began asking questions, like I have some questions about what this document does, and I need a will too.

Needless to say, I realized this was so beyond what I was there for, and I informed all parties that I am not an attorney blah blah blah, only there to witness the client's signature and verify the ID of the two credible witnesses, but I would leave the document for him to read, then call his mother and his attorney for further clarification.

The POA was prepared by a lawyer who did not add the new boxed language at the top, which surprised me, so I was prepared.

It was just another little vista along yesterday's winding journey of loan signings that did culminate just fine. I resigned the people who docs were lost in the UPS maze,I dropped the package, got a receipt and said 10 HAIL MARY'S that this package actually makes it to PA successfully and no further drama occurs, then I went to the nursery in search of good insects to eat the bad insects in my veggie garden. They're eating more than I am!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 GNW Bombed yesterday -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 9:06am
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday - Karla/OR on 4/19/15 3:56pm
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 5:13pm
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday -  Claudine Osborne on 4/19/15 9:24pm
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:51am
 Yes, Claudine, many GNW clients for nursing home settings -  Christine/OK on 4/20/15 7:11am
 Re: Yes, Claudine, many GNW clients for nursing home settings -  JanetK_CA on 4/20/15 10:08pm
 Absolutely, Janet, its' part of scheduling their appointment -  Christine/OK on 4/21/15 7:22am
 It's early . . . "its" should have been it's :D n/m -  Christine/OK on 4/21/15 7:24am
 So agree with you! n/m - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:55am
 Re: So agree with you! -  Claudine Osborne on 4/20/15 9:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.