Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

"Suspended and Revoked Notaries"
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 4/19/15 12:12pm Msg #529315
Because of notarysigner's experience with a Nevada bank notary, I took a look yesterday at the Nevada SOS website on which there is a list of notaries under the heading "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" whose commissions have been cancelled, revoked or suspended since 2009. If I'm reading it correctly, it lists the names of nearly 700 notaries. I am shocked. 700 notaries? I wouldn't have thought there were than many notaries in the entire state. I grew up in Nevada where there are more cows than people.

Now, I don't know exactly what "cancelled" means, but I have a pretty good idea what suspended and revoked mean, and there were hundreds of those. What's going on there? If all a notary had to do to get their commission suspended is lie lie lie about personal appearance, knowingly notarize a forged document, etc. well, they'd have plenty of company... at least in Nevada.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" - BearPaw/CO on 4/19/15 12:12pm
 Re: "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 12:47pm
 Re: "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" -  VT_Syrup on 4/19/15 1:05pm
 Re: "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" -  VT_Syrup on 4/19/15 1:06pm
 Re: "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" - Notarysigner on 4/19/15 1:39pm
 ADDED NOTE - Notarysigner on 4/19/15 2:10pm
 Re: "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" - MikeC/TX on 4/19/15 7:08pm
 Nv requires training and test.see their notary site n/m - Notarysigner on 4/20/15 2:07pm
 Re: "Suspended and Revoked Notaries" - Katmet on 4/20/15 7:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.