Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Annual NAACP ACT-SO Competition (cont'd)
Posted by Karla/OR of OR on 4/19/15 4:54pm Msg #529332
A few posters have asked me to provide an update on how this event went yesterday. Short version is that it went very well, beyond my expectations! Was a great experience.

The hiring party, and others commanding the event, were congenial as well as receptive to what I needed to do as a notary.

I was prepared with a partially filled out Jurat and ACK so the hiring party could easily choose between them; she chose the ACK. She and another volunteer were credible witnesses for one of the students (they knew him) who only had a student ID - no signature. The other 4 students had either a driver's license or a state ID card.

The only entries I notarized were poetry, essays, and math science. (The singers, dancers and musicians had their own entry format). Each student came with their entry printed 7 times.

The hiring party requested that I hand-wirte the cert on one and add the loose leaf cert to the rest. From my understanding, the hiring party would send the one with the handwritten cert to the national level, if the student was to go that far in the competition. The local judges were recipients of the remaining copies.

The hiring party asked me if I would be interested in returning next year. She and others were appreciative of my being there and for doing my job as a notary lawfully!

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Annual NAACP ACT-SO Competition (cont'd) - Karla/OR on 4/19/15 4:54pm
 It sounds like it was an interesting & fun experience for -  MW/VA on 4/19/15 6:11pm
 Re: It sounds like it was an interesting & fun experience for - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:22am
 Re: Annual NAACP ACT-SO Competition (cont - MikeC/TX on 4/19/15 6:43pm
 Good Job! n/m - notarydi/CA on 4/19/15 8:55pm
 Re: Good Job! -  Claudine Osborne on 4/19/15 9:02pm
 Thanks Claudine! Your kind words and support r appreciated!! n/m - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:26am
 Thanks notarydl! n/m - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:53am
 Thanks Mike. I appreciate what you posted! n/m - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:24am
 Re: Thanks Mike. I appreciate what you posted! - Luckydog on 4/20/15 5:34am
 Welcome and Thanks LUCKYDOG! Great experience! n/m - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 10:24am
 Great job, as usual, Karla! As a fellow professional, I know -  Christine/OK on 4/20/15 7:40am
 Re: Great job, as usual, Karla! As a fellow professional, I know - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 10:29am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.