Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Bank signing with a previous client
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/27/15 11:32am Msg #529813
A lovely couple from Europe who started their own title company 50 years ago, retired, we refi'd at 3.25. A beautiful mountain top home in Santa Barbara.

The loan officer requested I be the notary for this signing. I received a call from SS saying that I had been requested for this signing. She quoted the fee at $75. Bank pays $150. When I told the loan officer what was going on, he said, how greedy. Well, we won't be using that company any more. This is no way to treat my preferred Notary Signing Agent.

SS finally agreed to the $125. It was already assigned to a cheaper notary, but cancelled by the LO and reassigned to me.

Folks, hold to your fee. Negotiate, hold onto your ground. Don't let these low ballers roll all over you. They are makiing great money on title and escrow fees, and it's absolutely insane how greedy they are over our fees.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Bank signing with a previous client -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/27/15 11:32am
 I still have some awesome vendors who o/n docs and pay -  snowflake/PA on 4/27/15 1:11pm
 Re: I still have some awesome vendors who o/n docs and pay -  Sherry_CA on 4/28/15 11:32am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.