Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

hmmmm. the way it really is for some notaries apparently
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 5/21/15 12:40pm Msg #531201
HUGE FLEECING OF NSAs nationally based on an PM I received this morning anonymously.

Who does this sound like to you, and BIG QUESTION, what are notaries going to do about it. Who should be blowing the whistle on this Signing Service and others that operate in the following fashion.

"Another signing service that's a rather large one that has managed to stay in business for over a decade, lying and stealing from notaries. Notaries have caught on to the slow payments and the stamping of envelopes with shipping dates (so they can claim it was postal service delay) but then are not dropped as promised. Checks sit in a box until the notary keeps asking for payment.. They lie and blame it on their accounting program, said its an oversight but they have no intention on releasing payment unless the notary hounds them. What the notaries are not aware of is when they forget and don't ask for payment.. those po's/invoices of orders that payment is not requested are DELETED after a couple years when they feel safe that the notary forgot.. These are files that escrow paid on. 10's of thousands of dollars.. In 2011/2012 at least $20,000 was deleted and one notary was owed about $1300 that they don't even know they will never get. I think its safe to assume that is illegal?"

I guess there are a lot of notaries making so much money that they are not aware they're owed $1300? Really?

Another theory I have is that, well, there are NSAs out there who really don't care if they get paid apparently. They just want to get dressed up, go meet the borrowers for hours on end, driving for an hour or so, because they just love meeting new people. It's safer than striking up conversations with people on public streets. These NSAs will work for any one who calls them and do not do their due diligence on ratings in SC and google before they print the docs and make the trip.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 hmmmm. the way it really is for some notaries apparently -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/21/15 12:40pm
 Re: hmmmm. the way it really is for some notaries apparently - William Cademy on 5/21/15 2:06pm
 Re: hmmmm. the way it really is for some notaries apparently - Luckydog on 5/21/15 3:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.