Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Reverse Mortgage Application...are we qualified?
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 5/21/15 3:44pm Msg #531232
I was offered $75.00 to go to the house and help them fill out their application, AND we will make sure we call you then to do the reverse itself when ready. They are elderly, so you may also need to take pictures with your cell phone of ID's, tax returns, whatever else, and then print them out or email them afterwards.
"No can do. I refuse to take anyone's personal information with my camera. They will have to have copies ready, or at the least email them to me from their phone. For privacy reason, that information will not be on my phone".
"Ok, well, we need that then" sorry. Bye.

I have been declining RESPA's for a long time, and truthfully, I do not think we are even legally qualified to do these, but must be a broker who is licensed to answer their questions in the beginning, especially for a reverse mortgage which are complicated.
Amazing what they want for $75.00. I have never been involved with the application part of a reverse, but I am guessing pretty lengthy, with a trust (which most have down here), and will be a good hour if not longer....and more importantly I do not think legally we can even do these. I may be wrong. Anyone know for sure?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Reverse Mortgage Application...are we qualified? - Luckydog on 5/21/15 3:44pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage Application...are we qualified? -  Linda_H/FL on 5/21/15 3:58pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage Application...are we qualified? - Luckydog on 5/21/15 4:02pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage Application...are we qualified? - goodgirl on 5/21/15 4:03pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage Application...are we qualified? -  JPH13/MO on 5/21/15 4:40pm
 Way too much to ask for too little money. Anyone involved -  MW/VA on 5/21/15 5:20pm
 Re: Way too much to ask for too little money. Anyone involved - Luckydog on 5/21/15 5:24pm
 Re: Way too much to ask for too little money. Anyone involved -  MonicaFL on 5/21/15 5:36pm
 Re: Way too much to ask for too little money. Anyone involved - Luckydog on 5/21/15 5:56pm
 That has been my experience too!!! n/m - CopperheadVA on 5/21/15 9:33pm
 Re: Way too much to ask for too little money. Anyone involved n/m -  JanetK_CA on 5/21/15 6:00pm
 Sorry for double post - again! -  JanetK_CA on 5/21/15 6:09pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage Application...are we qualified? -  BrendaTx on 5/21/15 10:44pm
 In a word, no. This is not a service that I provide, because -  Christine/OK on 5/22/15 6:43am
 It's a LO's job. Not ours. Per my LO family member. n/m -  snowflake/PA on 5/22/15 12:11pm
 It is the LO's job, but unfortunately they're not going to -  MW/VA on 5/22/15 1:02pm
 I do same as -  Dorothy Matsel on 5/22/15 6:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.