Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Calls from "unknown" co's
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 9/4/15 8:54am Msg #537435
last minute, people I've never heard of. Think there are a lot of NSAs out there subcontracting their work as they are also notaries listed on the SOS notary database. It's a scary time right now. Plus a lot of SS company owners are tapped out, living on last quarters' fees, now out of payola for notaries. Easy time to slip out of business leaving the notaries holding the bag.

Yep, it's risky business working for people/companies who have no reputation to speak of.

Lots of newbies or NSAs who won't do their homework will be stuck with unpaid invoices. Sign of the times. Thankfully I had the time/SC access to do my due diligence and research.

Doing a lot of fix-it/patch work on prior to funding conditions this week, and a couple of refis, one purchase today. A little slow, but that's okay. It's the kickoff of Labor Day weekend and the roads will be a mess, lots of gridlock and crazy out of town drivers trying to reach their destinations amidst tens of thousands of other drivers/visitors. Bus loads of people descending on the SB funk zone and wine tasting ghetto. Not a vacant hotel room in all of Santa Barbara this weekend. Hoteliers, restaurants, brewery and wine tasting bars are happy.

A time to stay home and swing in the hammock, read a good book. Clean up the garden for fall planting.

Be safe everyone, and enjoy, relax and rest this holiday if you can.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Calls from "unknown" co's -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/4/15 8:54am
 Sorry for that double posting. Very foggy up here -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/4/15 9:03am
 just thought you needed some more coffee.......:) n/m - notarydi/CA on 9/4/15 9:47am
 and that too. -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/4/15 9:52am
 Clean your glasses - biggest problem I have when foggy. n/m - jba/fl on 9/4/15 10:05am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.