Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Moving Safe deposit boxes (not opening them)
Posted by GAMMYx3/MA of MA on 9/4/15 3:04pm Msg #537463
Got a call from a company have worked with in past...offered me a flat fee for 8hr with and add $ per hour over 8 up to 12 hours....Their client is MOVING bank safe deposit boxes. No need to open, document or review contents. They leave them in the "nest", shrink wrap, tape the ends and ask you to seal it to verify it has not been tampered with. Bank official, notary, and rigger on each "nest" of boxes. They get moved, never out of sight, and you follow them to the bank next door where they are Reinstalled at the new location...where you break the seal before installation make sure all are still in same condition. Sign papers to that effect and go back to bank 1 for another nest of boxes. I've been there to document opened boxes or abandoned ones but this is a first. The bank person emailed me this am to introduce himself and at the end he said it will be like watching paint dry...tooo funny. sounds like a day to take my kindle to work.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Moving Safe deposit boxes (not opening them) - GAMMYx3/MA on 9/4/15 3:04pm
 Sounds like a pretty good gig. It might be a little boring, -  MW/VA on 9/4/15 3:22pm
 It's a certification by a notary - like certifying copies? -  Linda_H/FL on 9/4/15 3:51pm
 Similar - Luckydog on 9/4/15 7:45pm
 Never heard of it previously. From what you've identified -  Christine/OK on 9/4/15 10:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.