Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

It's not the fear of not getting paid ....
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 9/4/15 6:49pm Msg #537474
... that keeps me away from all these nonpaying lying SSs. I'd feel like scum, knowing I was working for a SS that had treated so many other NSAs so badly. And that I had lowered what standards I do have by making sure they stay in business. But I realize I'm in the minority. It's clearly not the attitude most others have, which is to make a buck no matter what. And frankly, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't look for sympathy or expect us to treat you like a valued colleague.

I realize there are tons of NSAs out there who jump every time the phone rings, taking everything and anything they can get. They've been jumping and taking for years and will continue to do so. It's just not the newbies by any means.

So here's my take: Veteran NSAs are NEVER NEVER NEVER going to stop fellow veteran NSAs from working for these creeps, no matter how hard we try to wake them up to what they're doing. I simply will not work for any outfit that has a reputation for not paying its notaries or cheating its notaries. My phone is filled with lists of all the do-not-answers. I do this out of respect for other notaries who have not been paid and probably never will be, and I do this in the (vain) hope that other notaries will do the same.

Make no mistake. I like to make a dollar as much as the next NSA. So, if I ever did actually take a job from a well-known cheat, I would go to the mat to get paid. The hiring agency would wish they'd never heard of me. See Msg. 505157, for example. And I certainly wouldn't come on NR and brag about how I got paid when so many others have not.

It's one thing to warn other NSAs about a SS going down the drain or the appearance of a new SS resurrected from the ashes of a bankrupt SS that left dozens if not hundreds of NSAs high and dry. But quite another to continue to waste our breath, hoping notaries who should know better will ever change.

I'm beginning to ask myself lately why I give a heck about NSAs who were stupid/greedy enough to willingly and knowingly work for a known deadbeat? And why I feel so disappointed and sad not to mention shocked when I read about NR members who happily take work for them. I think I'm through with all this.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 It's not the fear of not getting paid .... - BearPaw/CO on 9/4/15 6:49pm
 BearP--I'm going to hang in awhile. That signings are slowed - Darlin_AL on 9/4/15 7:24pm
 Completely agree - LKT/CA on 9/4/15 7:31pm
 Re: Completely agree -  JinCA on 9/4/15 7:37pm
 I remember that, LKT - BearPaw/CO on 9/4/15 7:49pm
 Absolutley - Luckydog on 9/4/15 7:34pm
 I, too, have several companies that I will accept signing -  Christine/OK on 9/4/15 10:15pm
 Re: It -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/5/15 9:27am
 I think... - Luckydog on 9/5/15 10:56am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.