Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

REO buyer side only, "it's a quickie"
Posted by Baker - Suzie of MI on 5/4/16 10:26am Msg #551160
Just a little frustrated. Call from SS to do a buyer side only with a loan pkg. No idea how many pages, but when she told me who was the lender, I already knew the size of at least the loan pkg. She said you only have to print one copy so it really isn't a big deal how large the pkg is. I wonder if she has ever gone through an additional 50 pages with a new homeowner, add more time appt. I ask if it is a REO as the address is a realtor's office. "No." Okay. I receive the confirmation and now see who the title company is, they are related to a foreclosure atty in my state. This is clearly and REO. I called ss and they said that was all the info I had, that I should call the tc to find out. Received an email from ss saying they were looking into it. Guess what? It is a REO which also means that faxbacks are required from the table and noone leaves until they are approved by tc. I added $50 to my fee and explained the time spent waiting is an unknown, their equipment I would need to use is unknown and all she could say was "We need to make money too." I politely declined.

So here I have had at least three phone calls and three emails on a file that I am not going to attend the signing for, but her time is more valuable than mine.

This industry needs more signers willing to stand up to these low ballers. Please consider how much time actually goes into each file: pre-appt phone calls, emails, waiting for docs....driving/traffic... signing in and around whatever is going on in the borrower's home at the moment... uninformed borrowers... faxbacks... dropping at the fedex or ups location because dropboxes aren't good enough anymore.

Quit selling us all short.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 REO buyer side only, "it's a quickie" - Baker - Suzie on 5/4/16 10:26am
 AMEN! "Quit selling us all short" Love that! n/m -  Cari on 5/4/16 10:51am
 Re: AMEN! "Quit selling us all short" Love that! - Rose Covarrubias on 5/4/16 11:26am
 Please don't post in all caps--it's considered shouting. TY n/m -  MW/VA on 5/4/16 4:10pm
 Way to go Susie. I'm on your team -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/4/16 1:00pm
 Way to go, Suzie! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 5/4/16 4:11pm
 Perfect example of why those suey texts don't work. -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/4/16 6:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.