Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Staffing Co. References Notary Rotary for I9 Notary
Posted by  NVLSlady/VA of VA on 5/24/16 1:31pm Msg #552788
[Please cut/paste this web link to find a notary in your area.]
Presented by signer. This is what the staffing firm's I9 instructions list as the GO TO for a notary.

I know there is no shortage of opinions about the I9, but it seems the instructions are clearer, indicating the notary is only acting as Authorized Agent to verify authenticity of prospective employees forms.
Maybe this is not an adjustment; but there seems to be a clear line of duties on the instructions I received. They are asking outright that the Notary him/herself agree to be appointed (thereby appointing Herself) as the Agent (not sure if I can say it any more confusing).

Example: "By signing below, you acknowledge you have reviewed the documentation provided by Staffing Co. AND THAT YOU AGREE to act as Staffing Co.'s authorized agent in verifying the employee's work authorization."
States further: I agree to accept responsibility as an authorized agent of Staffing Co. for the sole purpose of reviewing identification and work authorization documents for the payrollee named and completing the federal Form I-9.

Certification: Then Employer - or in this case, notary signs as Auth Rep.

Where it gets tricky: Space for Employee's 1st day of employment, as well as EMPLOYER'S name & business address.

So the Employer is passing off to Hiring Agent, who is passing to me (notary).
*Question: Am I the rep of the Employer?*
According to paperwork, any notary is self-appointed as the Authorized Agent.

*Only concerned about this for my info. not for the Certification; it is just that the Certification portion will only link to MY company name
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Staffing Co. References Notary Rotary for I9 Notary -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 1:31pm
 Re: Staffing Co. References Notary Rotary for I9 Notary -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 1:42pm
 For more clarity: These were Staffing Co. Instructions -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 1:47pm
 I agree that I-9 forms are a PIA & was told that VA notaries -  MW/VA on 5/24/16 2:16pm
 BTW, I had one gal who tried to insist that I put my notary -  MW/VA on 5/24/16 2:18pm
 One of my 1st notarial acts was for a co. that requested -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 8:51pm
 Just to clarify: OP states: -  sigtogo/OR on 5/24/16 5:31pm
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 8:35pm
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  JanetK_CA on 5/25/16 1:58am
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/25/16 10:06am
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  JanetK_CA on 5/25/16 3:37pm
 Hiring Agent -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/25/16 4:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.