Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

If you get a signing for 4:15 PM today in New London, CT ...
Posted by  Ernest__CT of CT on 7/22/16 11:22am Msg #556636
... you have my sympathy.

The borrowers are going to New London BY FERRY and will be WALKING to the appointment site. Please do not plan on them being even close to on time.

The meeting site is a lounge. A Friday afternoon on the waterfront in July is going to be busy, noisy, and crowded. The waitstaff would expect us all to order dinner, and reasonably so. From personal experience I can tell you that trying to do a loan signing in that kind of environment will be a nightmare.

Mr. borrower called me back late on Friday morning, even though I'd called him yesterday (Thursday) and left a message that I'd be up until at least midnight.

I turned the signing back after Mr. borrower and I talked. Yes, I did tell him that the company would have to find another Notary because I have appointments both before and after his. I'm not going to be late for one appointment because the previous signer is clueless.

If this is going to be your signing, good luck!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 If you get a signing for 4:15 PM today in New London, CT ... -  Ernest__CT on 7/22/16 11:22am
 Why in the world does this signer think you'll be -  Linda_H/FL on 7/22/16 11:31am
 Re: Why in the world does this signer think you - BearPaw/CO on 7/22/16 11:49am
 In any case .... - BearPaw/CO on 7/22/16 12:00pm
 Ah..BearPaw..thanks..I think you're right..I misread n/m -  Linda_H/FL on 7/22/16 12:14pm
 Re: If you get a signing for 4:15 PM today in New London, CT ... - GY_CT on 7/22/16 1:54pm
 Swap for a purchase closing in Hartford? - BobbiCT on 7/22/16 4:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.