Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: THE ENTIRE STORY - No just half.
Posted by GinaKY of KY on 8/12/16 10:07am Msg #558037
Some notaries seem to tell half of the story to make it sound as though they are victims and that they have done a PERFECT job.

These are the facts of the situation:
On 05/28/16 - 3:32:36 PM - Pegi responded 'YES' to a closing that was posted for XX. (The closing was 2.1 miles from her home (4 minute drive time), that is why i assume she replied YES for the posted fee, but she can only answer that question) Our agent called her and asked her if she was still available and she stated yes, but that she was concerned about some of our 2 star ratings. She was transferred to David (who handles notary issues) he explained to her that most of the notaries that have posted bad notes are ones that have not
completed the job properly, and that the main reason that people complain online about our company is due the the $5 deduction because they fail to do their "Close out" report by 10AM EST the following morning. He told her that it is highlighted in YELLOW on our closing instructions and that IT MUST BE DONE or she will get automatically deducted by the software that we use. She still agreed to do the closing and was transferred back to the original agent. The agent stated that there may be fax backs of minimal docs with the package, and Pegi agreed to a $10 increase for the fax backs.

No one tricked Pegi into doing this closing or accepting those fees. I wish we could pay every notary $125-$150 but it is just not possible.

On 05/29/16 - 2:18:47 PM - Pegi printed her confirmation

On 06/06/16 - 4:06:43 PM - Pegi was called and told that the docs were ready to print and to collect funds of $1,350.21 - the critical docs needed to be faxed back and that the title company needed the package same day for next day delivery (The Closing was on 6/8/16 at 10AM) - She agreed and stated "No problem".

On 06/07/16 - 11:32:55 AM - We received NEW docs (Pegi never printed the first set) and we called Pegi to let her know that new docs were posted.

On 06/07/16 - 11:11:12 PM - Peggy downloaded and printed the docs

On 06/08/16 - 10:00:00 AM - Pegi closed the loan and did a perfect job as far as I know. After the closing she was contacted by our office to make sure that she left the appointment safely, and he was reminded at 5:51:37 PM EST on 06/08/16 to make sure that she went back into the system to do her close out report so that she would NOT be deducted and to drop docs. Guess what.....she did not do her close out report. This is an important step in our process no matter how trivial a notary thinks it might be. (The system does not recognize notaries that have a good track record and have been in business for 15 years, it is software - all it knows is that the report was not done and it deducts $5 from the fee. We dont want or need the money...we just need that report done on EVERY closing. That is why we remind notaries and it is highlighted on our instructions.

The next morning at (06/09/16 - 11:23:46 AM) our title company and agent in our office tracked the package and called Pegi at 06/09/16 - 11:23:46 AM - and left a message as to why she did not drop the docs, our agent went to the fax log and the fax was NOT received. Pegi was finally contacted and stated that she dropped the docs on the 9th and that since it was dropped it was too late to fax back. At that time the agent removed the $10 fax back fee that was agreed, and removed the $10 additional fax back fee that we charge to the title company (they do not pay it when they do not receive them).

Here is the Tracking info from: UPS -1z 21x 21f 13 98381939

On her initial call with David he asked her to rate our company after her experience whether it be good or bad. He stated that most people go to sites to make negative comments and rarely good ones. (He was under the impression that she would have a good experience like most notaries have with our company, and not the 20 or 25 that have had a negative experience in the last year or so. 20 - 25 "bad" or 1 star comments is less than .002 percent of our business. So for every 700-800 closings 1 to 2 people leave a negative comment.

Pegi posted a 1 star – and stated that we begged her to write a good review, that we were a terrible company and that we stole $15 from her.

Notes from David: Another notary contacted David about the negative post. From his vacation, David called Pegi to see what happened and to resolve the issue. She was in a closing at the time, she asked him to call back in 15 mins, he waited 18 mins and called back, she said that she was still in the closing and was wrapping and for him to call back in 2minutes, he waited 5 more and called her. She was in her car and David was able to pull all of the notes on the file. Pegi stated that she NEVER agreed to the initial XX fee and David asked her why she would respond ‘Yes’ per the log and tried to go over the notes with her to see exactly what happened. David told her that he would look into it when he returned from vacation and would submit a request for a refund. He also reminded her that he told her that if she did not do her close out report that she would be deducted. She stated that she forgot and then got very defensive and hung up.
David followed up earlier this week, but Pegi was in a closing. He called her back the next day and she was driving. He asked her if she was free to talk, and she said yes. David explained that he had put in the request for a refund, but that he needed to go over the situation so that everyone was aware and to see if there is anything that our agents did or did not do that would be out of protocol. Pegi stated that she never agreed to the initial fee of XX – David told her that that statement was incorrect, because her log shows that she did say YES (with no other comments added) and asked her if she would like an email of the log. He tried to explain to her that in the future she might want to say Maybe instead of YES or to use the comments box if she needed a higher fee. Pegi over talked him and said that she was being harassed and hung up.
I received an email from David about the situation and forwarded his response to Pegi. Later, I received and email from Pegi asking and demanding payment. I stated “didn’t David go over this with you”? She said – no! all he stated was that I am not getting my money. I went back and pulled the all of the notes and the initial calls from the date of the closing and read all of the emails. And on the last call, David stated (2 times) to her that he submitted the refund request and that it would not be until next week until he would get back to her. Pegi stated “all I am looking for is the $10, because I know that I did not do my closing report”.

I listened to the initial calls from scheduling and she did agree to XX + $10 to fax back. There was no deception; she did not fax back and the fee was taken off. Furthermore, she did not drop the docs as requested and the title company was very upset.
We paid Pegi for the job that she accepted and performed! Whether the fee is XX or XXX …we did not force her to take the assignment. We also post our pay cycle to every closing, it is not right to accept a job and then complain when you are not paid within 7 days.

Since her initial post where Pegi stated that we took $15 from her, she has since changed it to the following –
"They begged me for a good review and then shorted me $10.00. Terrible company!!"

I am glad that she acknowledging that she was reminded to do her closing report at least 2 times.

Another quick note: there are plenty of notaries that do not do their closing report and they call us and request a refund. When they are nice and acknowledge that it was a mistake on their part we are more than happy to issue a refund as long as it is not a reoccurring issue.

It is not fair to only tell part of the story – please remember… not every notary is perfect!

I think that Pegi may be a very busy notary and has a hard time remembering exactly what happened. We have all of the call logs and notes in our system to prove that we have done everything that we have stated and have also gone the extra mile to request a refund for Pegi. Pegi never even mentioned the refund in her post.

The bottom line is that it is very unethical to ask for payment for something that you did not do.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 LOAN PROCESSING CENTER KY -  PegiT_MN on 8/11/16 5:33pm
 aren't they affiliated with National Loan Closers? -  Cari on 8/11/16 6:35pm
 Re: aren - William Danley on 8/13/16 2:37pm
 2 star company - Luckydog on 8/11/16 10:18pm
 I stopped accepting work from NLC because of cos. like LPC. -  MW/VA on 8/12/16 8:09am
 Re: LOAN PROCESSING CENTER KY - GinaKY on 8/12/16 10:05am
 As they say, "there's 2 sides to every story & the truth is -  MW/VA on 8/12/16 2:35pm
 Gina, thank you for submitting your side of this story..it -  Cari on 8/12/16 3:32pm
 Re: THE ENTIRE STORY - No just half. - GinaKY on 8/12/16 10:07am
 Re: THE ENTIRE STORY - No just half. - Luckydog on 8/12/16 12:43pm
 Re: My Experience -  notary4az2 on 8/12/16 1:14pm
 That explains this one...sort of , BUT what about all - docs1954CA on 8/12/16 2:20pm
 Re: That explains this one...sort of , BUT what about all - GinaKY on 8/12/16 3:07pm
 I'd say half of the reviews on SC for any given company -  Cari on 8/12/16 3:37pm
 Re: I - GinaKY on 8/12/16 4:20pm
 I disagree - Luckydog on 8/12/16 5:43pm
 Re: I -  JanetK_CA on 8/13/16 2:26am
 GINA, very well written, so I looked at your ratings. -  sigtogo/OR on 8/12/16 7:43pm
 Re: GINA, very well written, so I looked at your ratings. - GinaKY on 8/12/16 8:22pm
 Wow...Gina...what the heck does that mean? -  Linda_H/FL on 8/12/16 8:43pm
 Re: Wow...Gina...what the heck does that mean? - GinaKY on 8/12/16 9:25pm
 Re: Wow...Gina...what the heck does that mean? -  Linda_H/FL on 8/13/16 9:10am
 Re: GINA, very well written, so I looked at your ratings. - GinaKY on 8/12/16 9:11pm
 Another way to look at it. Gina likes to emphasize how few -  sigtogo/OR on 8/13/16 12:24am
 Re: Another way to look at it. Gina likes to emphasize how few - GinaKY on 8/13/16 7:40am
 you are on Gina. send on the names! n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 8/13/16 11:14am
 Re: THE ENTIRE STORY - No just half. - MikeC/TX on 8/12/16 10:16pm
 Re: THE ENTIRE STORY - No just half. - GinaKY on 8/12/16 10:28pm
 Wow, a lot of discourse over $10..I'll just keep working for -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/13/16 8:23am
 I think the dispute over the $10 (If I've followed -  Linda_H/FL on 8/13/16 8:38am
 Re: CORRECT! - GinaKY on 8/13/16 9:19am
 yes Gina has point re: OP. My posts have not been about OP -  sigtogo/OR on 8/13/16 11:13am
 No ma'am - actually was responding to Cheryl, who -  Linda_H/FL on 8/13/16 11:43am
 OOPS!! I know that!! woulda helped if I had included the -  sigtogo/OR on 8/13/16 3:09pm
 Re: Wow, a lot of discourse over $10..I - GinaKY on 8/13/16 9:08am
 Re: LOAN PROCESSING CENTER KY - madhatter on 6/11/19 7:16am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.