Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Good grief... didn't even realize I was on SD...
Posted by Marian_in_CA of CA on 9/28/16 4:50pm Msg #561905
I got a direct message request today via Snap Docs.

Part of the message reads, "This is about 70 pages. You only have to print 1 set of documents and there is nothing to notarize or fax back. I am currently offering this for $50."

Well, how nice for you... do these people not realize that they are the customer looking for service? Do you go to the plumber and say, "It's only a backed up toilet, all you have to do it put the little snake thing in there and swish it around. I'll give you $30 to do it for me." Yeah, and the fact that your septic tank needs to be pumped???

Or, do you go to a restaurant and say, "Cook me a filet and I'll give you $8 for it, but I'll make it easier on you... just nuke it for me while you cook everyone else's food." Dude... do you even know how much a raw filet costs?

DO you go to the power company and say, "I am going to run my central air for 10 hours a day to keep it 68 degrees in my house, even though it's 110 outside. I'll give you $40 a month for it."

Do you have a babysitter come over and tell her, "I'm going to be gone for 12 hours. All I need you to do is feed my 5 kids 3 meals, pick up after them, do the laundry, maybe clean their bathroom...oh and I need you to take TOmmy to his baseball practice at 5pm and pick him up at 6pm, but the other kids must eat at 5:30, no later. Pack TOmmy a meal so he can eat it when he gets home. And make sure they all get their homework done before they go to bed at 9:30pm. Susie has a diorama thing due tomorrow and I don't she we've started that yet. If she's not done by bed time, please finish it for her. Make sure they all get baths or showers before bed and lights must be out by 9:45 PM, no later. You need to check to be sure Mary isn't reading under her covers. OH! and Franky needs his suppository before bed. And if you wouldn't mind being a dear and straightening up the kitchen before I get home... and if you have time, the dog could use a bath. I'll send you $25 via Paypal in the morning, if that's okay."

Yeah... not how these things work. WE set the price for our services. You can ask for quotes, so you are shopping within your budget, but to "offer" an amount? You guys aren't employers! YOu are shopping for a service. We set the prices. You can agree to pay our price or not... but to just say you "offer" a certain amount? Not cool...and not the way to get me to respond to this "offer".

Here's how this works. You pay for my time, by the hour plus printing and travel/courier fees. I will send you a quote when I get more details. I don't do flat fees anymore. Every job is different and there are too many variables and expectations.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Good grief... didn't even realize I was on SD... - Marian_in_CA on 9/28/16 4:50pm
 Re: Good grief... didn -  Solutions - Business on 9/28/16 8:55pm
 that is disgustingly low for a refinance! n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 9/29/16 11:19am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.