Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Big files and NR faxing function (also email)
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 12/4/16 9:38am Msg #566053
I used to use a hand-held scanner to fax back files; it would only give me a choice between large and small. Once in a while the files would get too big for the NR faxing function (available to premier members). If I was uploading to a website from some public location (after checking the http*S* connection was valid) it would take forever.

Now I have a Scansnap ix-100. I found that if I set the image quality to "Normal" and the color to "B&W" my are about 1/3 the size compared to setting the color to "Grey". Some forms do have areas with a colored or grey background, but so far I have found that the "B&W" setting produces legible (but not pretty) scans. I would expect using a B&W setting would help with other brands of scanners too (if that setting is available).

I don't use the NR page separator, but if some of the reported problems are just caused by file size, a B&W setting might help with that too.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Big files and NR faxing function (also email) -  VT_Syrup on 12/4/16 9:38am
 above title should say "upload" not "email" n/m -  VT_Syrup on 12/4/16 9:39am
 Great tip, thanks, VT -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/4/16 11:31am
 Re: Big files and NR faxing function (also email) - Lee/AR on 12/4/16 12:19pm
 Re: Big files and NR faxing function (also email) -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/4/16 2:00pm
 Re: Big files and NR faxing function (also email) -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/4/16 2:00pm
 Re: Big files and NR faxing function (also email) - SteveS/CA on 12/5/16 8:26am
 Re: I have a land line and a fax machine from Charter -  OR on 12/5/16 7:56am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.