Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Tis' the Season to be Jolly...and cautious about vetting
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 12/5/16 9:39am Msg #566081
We all know what a crunch time year end can be, getting those stockings stuffed, gift cards purchased, special gifts to loved ones. It's a great time to cherish friends and family and take stock of our accomplishments.

Be careful who you accept work from this month. The companies who are paying 3 and more months late may not be around in January to pay notaries for the signings performed in the fourth quarter of 2016. I just completed a review of the companies who have the worst records of payment, there are about 8 of them. Then there are 8 companies that folded, filing BK, one owner taking off for Oahu for a nice vacation on unpaid notary fees. Geez, when will this stop!

Still given the record of non paying, low/slow paying companies, some have been keeping their doors open sine 2005. One company is being investigated for insurance fraud. More companies are paying low fees, some $30, $50 for RM...I have a list of 154 companies that were discussed on the forum, so far this year, who are low/slow, subbing out work notaries, unlisted in SC due to their membership status on NR so they can't be listed.

NR owners take a lot of heat for not listing them as SSs, but I think this is an enormous task that may be out of scope for the architecture of this valuable resource. Notary Rotary is best in class as far as I can see, in the 16 years I've been in this business. So I decided to make my own resource list. You should all keep one handy too. Tell your all your NSA friends. Spread the word so we can all be armed with the tangible details of non payment and slow pay.

But what really takes the cake for me is the company that went BK last year and has already re-emerged on the radar screen of a new signing service ready to start all over again his practice of scamming notaries.

Can you believe more notaries don't know about NR, how to vet the vendors who contact them for work, and that some folks are taking $30 signings? Yikes. How do we spread the word faster and cast out our net to educate more notaries?

I predict many NSAs will be looking at full time gainful employment in 2017, or other Plan "B"s, given the rise in interest rates. I may be wrong, but that's what I'm hearing on the street.

BUT, YEAH! There could be a great migration of notaries to CA for the $15 per notarization fee ($5 raise, first in decades), and of course the legalization of recreational marijuana in November's election could bring more citizens to the Gold Rush state.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL MY NR FRIENDS...hope you have a great month/year end signing experience and positive cash flow!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Tis' the Season to be Jolly...and cautious about vetting -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/5/16 9:39am
 Guess I missed this one ... -  Yoli/CA on 12/5/16 11:07am
 Drum roll... -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/5/16 12:06pm
 Why encourage the ranting...Harry give her a job already. n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/5/16 12:08pm
 Scrum Bag Tomlinson still owes me $400.00 n/m - Ireneky on 12/6/16 7:51am
 Re: Stats update - Laurie Manzanares on 12/5/16 12:53pm
 Re: Stats update -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/5/16 1:26pm
 Wow! Two thirds, a mind boggling stat! Thanks, Laurie! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 12/5/16 3:09pm
 Thank you, Laurie, for the labor it took to get these stats - Lee/AR on 12/5/16 5:15pm
 Re: Thank you, Laurie, for the labor it took to get these stats n/m - Laurie Manzanares on 12/5/16 6:34pm
 Re: No oversight or accountability to anyone in my opinion - Laurie Manzanares on 12/5/16 6:39pm
 Re: No oversight or accountability to anyone in my opinion - Ali/IL on 12/5/16 6:58pm
 So, ladies what should we do with this list of short pay -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/6/16 7:13am
 give it to Harry so he can post on this site... n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/6/16 8:43am
 perhaps nsa's should insist on being listed on the CD... n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/6/16 11:56am
 Happy Holiday's -  Ilene C. Seidel on 12/6/16 6:25am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.