Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Clearing the air ! Im Beth Davis EMD SETTLEMENT GROUP
Posted by Beth Blackburn of VA on 2/20/17 11:31am Msg #570400
Ok so here we go! I wish I could address each and every post about me but that would be impossible, so let me start by saying exactly why i am here this very moment and that is simply a humble apology for causing such a disturbance on the forum! 100% my fault. The past few days of blasts about me and my company came from a direct request from me to several of my "notary friends"! I knew they would be happy to come to my defense with regard to a post from someone about non payment. I should have explained to them to do that in the thread from the original "poster" who complained about non payment(which is not non payment at all but that is another topic altogether) and i see that they only started new posts..and there were MANY- That was my fault, they only did what i asked, and Im very grateful to them for caring about me, many of my notaries have become dear friends, this is one reason why I LOVE this business! Someone said in the forum that i should know how these sites work for as long as Ive been in business, YOU ARE CORRECT, i should. Im sorry about not educating myself! I dont use NR, I signed up years ago I think and rarely go on, but did when I heard that someone was posting something about me. Ive signed up on sites in the beginning 15 years ago trying to create business, now I think I have 3 listings on 123 and only 1 in VA... because Im working with mainly a handful of title companies and law offices that have used me for years.. I dont "advertise" anymore really.. Just signed up on google for local "side stuff" for a little additional income for my family, as times are tough for all of us right now I know--Anyway, im sorry for creating confusion and doubt and misunderstandings amongst everyone. THAT WAS NOT MY INTENT AT ALL, certainly not to advertise, and CLEARLY, this was BACKWARD ADVERTISING Frown One last thing, My company has changed names for various personal reasons, I think 3 times in 15 years- however, not for anything scandalous AT ALL ... When i began, I simply was looking for ways to make money as a stay home mother, and it blossomed into a signing service! I was young and inexperienced but was good with people - i wasnt creative with "business names" so I hated the first one after a few years and changed it- thats it.. did that a few times, clearly a confusing and bad move given peoples RIGHTFUL concerns in this business(SS dont have a good rep, i know this).This last and final change was a divorce and i wanted to use my initials (ELIZABETH MARIE DAVIS hence EMD), thats it. Thats why the name changes. Also, Im small guys, Im not a huge conglomerate! Its JUST me(had an asst. a few times but JUST ME really). I do this to support my family, not to make a ton of money and squash everyone else! Im a regular hard working person with a family, doing what I know and love, like all of you! This is what I do and love working with so many great people, Im SOOOO LUCKY!!! Im not deceptive(im sorry Ive come across like that by listing as an individual) I simply just never updated the verbiage on the site (however i did so today on 123 and now have my company name and not "team"). I NEVER want to be viewed as anything but upfront, fair and ethical..of course, I know I cant please everyone and I am a signing service which doesn't make everyone happy, I get it"!" I understand why and I respect who you are and how hard you work for a FULL fee direct from the title companies.. I GET IT! So, I welcome everyone to call or email me directly(you know how to find meSmile. I most likely wont come back to the site to review or answer questions, its just easier to do things one on one at this point, but I PROMISE to talk or respond to each of you. Hopefully this clears somethings up and has helped! We are all in this business together, Im a believer in BUILDING UP, not tearing down! I will always do the best I can! Thanks for taking the 'time to read this! Have a wonderful week!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Clearing the air ! Im Beth Davis EMD SETTLEMENT GROUP - Beth Blackburn on 2/20/17 11:31am
 TY, Beth, for your candor & professionalism. Best wishes. :) n/m -  Christine/OK on 2/20/17 11:37am
 thank you for clarifying things, though you really didn't -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/20/17 11:59am
 Re: thank you for clarifying things, though you really didn -  Claudine Osborne on 2/20/17 12:33pm
 I'm glad you got to tell your side of the story, Beth. I -  MW/VA on 2/20/17 1:34pm
 You call also have the friends who posted the comments call -  MW/VA on 2/20/17 1:38pm
 I've tried to add your co. to Signing Central, but it says -  MW/VA on 2/20/17 1:56pm
 Shout out to all the good Signing Services out there -  JanetK_CA on 2/20/17 2:11pm
 That are a lot of great ss out there, and we acknowledge -  MW/VA on 2/20/17 2:28pm
 Also, we weren't necessarily wrong in reacting to those -  MW/VA on 2/20/17 2:31pm
 Ah yes, Marilynn, we remember his "antics" well. Been ... -  John/CT on 2/20/17 6:11pm
 Beth, thank you for coming forth and helping everyone -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/20/17 6:05pm
 Thanks for your response! n/m -  Robert522TX on 2/20/17 7:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.