Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Minor pet peeve for document creators...
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 2/22/17 6:48pm Msg #570576
For the bazillionth time, I'm looking at a one page document with a proper CA compliant notary certificate which I'm going to have to replace with a loose certificate because some presumably well-meaning but ignorant individual has typed in "(This area for official notarial seal)". And of course, it's typed smack dab in the middle of the very tiny space allotted for a stamp. Sometimes, of course, it's just the word "Seal", but that's bad enough, when it's right in the center of a small space.

I don't recall if it's actually enshrined into our notary law that we can't stamp over any verbiage, but I do think it's mentioned somewhere in our CA Notary Handbook. Besides, it's a 'best practice' to not stamp over verbiage (and a requirement of some lenders). I realize that it's probably someone at an administrative level who does the actual form creation, and that phrase sounds very official and proper, but IT'S NOT NECESSARY!!! This is about as basic as it gets and every notary public ought to know where to put their stamp, if required.

I know this will make absolutely no difference whatsoever, but I feel better (sorta), now that I've gotten that off of my chest! Wink Rant over...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Minor pet peeve for document creators... - JanetK_CA on 2/22/17 6:48pm
 Re: Minor pet peeve for document creators... -  Claudine Osborne on 2/22/17 8:03pm
 I agree. I hate when that happens. ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 2/22/17 8:04pm
 Re: I agree. I hate when that happens. ;-) - Joe Ewing on 2/23/17 1:00am
 I wonder how bad it would be... -  VT_Syrup on 2/23/17 6:59am
 Re: Acrylic guide -  janCA on 2/23/17 8:48am
 I still have mine, use it all the time...sits in my notary -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/23/17 9:31am
 Re: Acrylic guide -  JanetK_CA on 2/23/17 5:42pm
 Re: Minor pet peeve for document creators... - SteveS/CA on 2/23/17 8:48am
 Re: Minor pet peeve for document creators... - NVLSlady/VA on 2/23/17 9:58am
 Re: Minor pet peeve for document creators... -  sueharke on 2/23/17 11:54am
 Janet - it's in your handbook - page 7 - Linda_H/FL on 2/23/17 10:13am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.