Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Took 7 months for this VA loan to get to doc signing
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 2/24/17 10:49am Msg #570738
The borrowers are seasoned, great credit, high CLTV, work tenure, 35 years in the home. What could be so difficult about this?

Who knows, but even scheduling and getting docs timely to the NSA, correctly scanned, without much duplicity in title forms, two Grant Deeds to take the title out of trust, but lacking GD to put it back, raised all kinds of hairs and angst at the signing table. To boot, it was prime time travel/peak traffic. I was an hour late, and then I get a cal from this 4 star SS, was I on time, and did the loan sign fine, did I collect funds.

Borrowers very disappointed in the process because due to time to approve the VA loan, it cost them .25% interest, and they were no longer saving $XXX per month on their payment, but they did payoff a HELOC and their first into one loan, the only reason they continued on with this loan.

I mean what the heck and how the heck do these people stay in business. Crazy. I'm not disclosing the name of the SS, because it is a 4-star, and maybe it was just a bad day. But I was hounding this company for two hours for docs, and then when I got them it took forever to print.

Maybe I'm just losing my sense of humor and flexibility, I-CAN-DO-ANYTHING attitude. Just ridiculous the hoops borrowers jumped through with this lender.

Then I wondered, is this any way to treat our veterans who served and fought for our freedom? I think a lot of lo's out there are rookies and learning their craft at the expense of qualified borrowers. JMHO
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Took 7 months for this VA loan to get to doc signing -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/24/17 10:49am
 I'm seeing that here, too. There's one ss that I've been -  MW/VA on 2/24/17 1:41pm
 In this case, the underwriters kept changing -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/24/17 1:46pm
 Re: In this case, the underwriters kept changing -  JanetK_CA on 2/24/17 2:12pm
 Yes, info does get too old & must be re-verified/new stuff n/m - Lee/AR on 2/24/17 2:24pm
 Re: Yes, info does get too old & must be re-verified/new stuff -  JanetK_CA on 2/24/17 6:03pm
 They could report them to the VA. n/m -  MW/VA on 2/24/17 2:15pm
 Re: Took 7 months for this VA loan to get to doc signing - NVLSlady/VA on 2/24/17 2:39pm
 Re: Took 7 months for this VA loan to get to doc signing -  MonicaFL on 2/24/17 7:23pm
 It pays to shop around & negotiate closing costs on these. -  MW/VA on 2/24/17 8:29pm
 Re: Took 7 months for this VA loan to get to doc signing -  Amigoaz on 2/24/17 8:34pm
 I was accused of being "aggressive" in my mortgage - NVLSlady/VA on 2/24/17 9:59pm
 I signed up a VA loan yesterday.... - notarydi/CA on 2/24/17 11:02pm
 This is why it is imperative to have a TRUSTED FINANCIAL ADV -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/25/17 11:02am
 THAT'S an explanation that I can believe... ;>) -  JanetK_CA on 2/25/17 3:42pm
 Thanks. I've suspected that sort of thing. Again, there's -  MW/VA on 2/26/17 8:38am
 Way to Go, Monica! You're simply AWESOME! :-) n/m -  Christine/OK on 2/25/17 6:21am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.