Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What a wicked day...logistically
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/25/17 9:00am Msg #574182
I accepted a signing with faxbacks. Supposed to fund and special record on Friday. I was supposed to receive documents before 2pm. At 2:15pm I'm on the phone trying to locate docs. Like pulling teeth...escrow swears they sent them at 1:30pm, I never received them. So we switched from yahoo to gmail. I finally get them at 3:08pm, they are slow to download (encrypted) and I'm pulling my hair out. No way to make 4pm, so I arrive at 5pm and the borrower, also a lender, says he's just glad I'm there at all. We sign, and as soon as I walk out the door I receive an order for last minute signing, refi, and I accept, get home, and only received loan docs,, so tapping my foot for escrow docs so I can hit the road. I was an hour late.

I hate being late. Not in my makeup to be late. At least there were no faxbacks. This borrower got a call at 5pm he had to sign his docs yesterday...good thing he's the kinda guy who goes home straight after work, getting home at 8pm. I came strolling in an hour later. But at least I didn't get rotten tomatoes. He, too, was very happy to see me come through the door.

Guess I'm spoiled. I like things to flow smoothly, not to be put through the mill on two back to back signings 30 miles apart.

Not like the good ole days, when I'd have docs lined up in a bucket file, hour by hour, in their envelopes with airbills affixed and ready to drop after signing. This faxback stuff is annoying. I had to break it up in 3 pieces to send it out after scanning.

Hope today is a little more predictable.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What a wicked day...logistically -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/17 9:00am
 Throwing Up At Signing Table - Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 4/25/17 10:02am
 Re: Throwing Up At Signing Table -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/17 10:17am
 Re: weird day - JkWa on 4/26/17 8:55am
 Re: weird day - SteveS/CA on 4/26/17 4:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.