Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Be careful of clicking on links today... Or wrong notary?
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 6/26/17 12:52pm Msg #577427
I have three email messages this morning with links that appear related to loan docs from organizations I'm not expecting anything from. Coincidence, after following a link in a message yesterday? Who knows. But I'm not taking any chances with these.

The messages are from: HomeWiseDocs, Zix Message Center (for Navy FCU) and another one directly from Navy Federal. I checked and none of the packages I'm signing today are from them. (I already have docs for all signings and none are from any of these companies.)

BTW, the HomeWiseDocs looked very suspicious. All it said was:

"You have a new document on HomeWiseDocs.

View Document Now [This was an active link.]

Note: This closing has been scheduled, please review document for more information.

Thank you for choosing HomeWiseDocs!"

"This closing has been scheduled"? Not with me! The Navy Federal content was less suspicious, but one URL was from zixmail and the other was from some construction co... I've now deleted them.

[I suppose it's also possible that someone sent me docs intended for someone else. Unfortunately, I have no idea who they might be from and I'm not clicking on a link to find out... If you're expecting Navy FCU docs today (or others), you might want to check with your client...]

This is a major downside to all these "secure" message applications. They've gone so far in the direction of security that they often don't give us enough information to be able to comfortably know who they're from and/or if the message is truly intended for us.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Be careful of clicking on links today... Or wrong notary? - JanetK_CA on 6/26/17 12:52pm
 Re: Be careful of clicking on links today... Or wrong notary? -  Jack/AL on 6/26/17 12:56pm
 I received 5 of them this morning! Beware... - Dawn/OK on 6/26/17 1:03pm
 Re: Be careful of clicking on links today... Or wrong notary? - Clem/CA on 6/26/17 1:04pm
 This Has Been Happenning For Awhile Now - PegiT_MN on 6/26/17 1:12pm
 I'd alert someone at NFCU or the tc you receive orders -  MW/VA on 6/26/17 1:13pm
 No idea who to contact... - JanetK_CA on 6/26/17 1:33pm
 You can contact them via FB, someone will reroute your -  Cari on 6/26/17 1:40pm
 Re: No idea who to contact... - James Powell on 6/27/17 6:48am
 Janet: received the same from HomeWiseDocs. Didn't click it n/m -  Stoli on 6/26/17 7:21pm
 Re: Be careful of clicking on links today... Or wrong notary? - 5344/TX on 6/26/17 9:39pm
 Re: Be careful of clicking on links today... Or wrong notary? -  JanetK_CA on 6/26/17 11:23pm
 Thanks for the heads up, Janet, I was able to circumvent -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/27/17 8:01am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.