Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: DOT Notary Ack
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/11/17 2:19pm Msg #580817
Here in CA, I would replace the entire thing, but I agree with the title company and don't think I'd ever put NA. A notary certificate is essentially a description of what took place. It appears to me that the certificate you're describing is just including info that many of us include in a separate "optional info" section at the bottom of the certificate, as VT_Syrup described. In other words, it's saying that the signer executed the document named in the blank line and that this certificate belongs to that document.

The fact that no one has mentioned this to you before is a good reminder to us all that in our business, people processing our work (at title companies and lenders) are generally too busy to worry about letting the notary know if there's an error. They'll just focus on getting it corrected (sometimes in ways we'd rather not know about...) So we should always be careful about assuming something is OK just because we've always done it that way and it's never been a problem.

One of my favorite statements about what we do is this: "What one company requires, another prohibits..." Wink In practical terms, it means we all should keep questioning our methods and evaluating our processes. So posts like this, on any aspect of what we do, can be very helpful to someone out there. The one yesterday about whether or not to initial all pages of a DOT is another example.

Naturally, asking these questions here could put someone at risk of being criticized, so I'm not saying readers should bring all their questions here without first giving it lots of thought and looking for answers on their own. But when in doubt, better to find the courage to ask then to possibly continue making errors.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 DOT Notary Ack -  LynnNC on 8/11/17 12:04pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack - NVLSlady/VA on 8/11/17 12:20pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  VT_Syrup on 8/11/17 12:48pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  LynnNC on 8/11/17 12:56pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack - Teresa/FL on 8/11/17 1:09pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  JanetK_CA on 8/11/17 2:19pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  Yoli/CA on 8/11/17 2:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.