Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

10-yr Libor ARM today for an old soul...82 YO
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 8/19/17 4:50pm Msg #581419
In the 70s he and his wife built a hotel in the LA area 1 block from the beach. He's still involved in the daily management of the property, although he's resourced out valet parking, housekeeping and gift shop. He only manages the financial part of it. I had no idea of how many people we know in common. It was in the 70s that I had finished school and was working for a RE developer/builder who was just finishing a high end condominium project in Beverly Hills. This client looked at our project to buy a unit but never did. However, I had met them while they "kicked" the tires and they remembered me! Is that incredible or what? He knew my employer very well, who is also 82 and thriving in Palm Springs and Newport Beach.

During this time, I went to Dudley Moore's 72 Market Place Restaurant on Market Street in Venice, and signed his sale and purchase agreement for one of our condos. I was invited to stay for dinner and a glass of wine (I was a very young, innocent little girl from the country). Dudley Moore sang and played his baby grand piano that night and on a pretty regular basis. My signer today said he and his wife dined their frequently and enjoyed the food and entertainment too.

DEJAVU...He told me that he never plans to retire because he loves his work and meeting so many people from all over the world. I told him I felt the same way (however, he makes $500K a month). He never has an empty room at his property.

Wife is 75 and she does all the books for the property. They say retirement is not in their crystal ball. they are both sharp as a tack!

Fun day...Mr. B. told me I should write a book about my travels, but I told him i can't do that for privacy reasons. Imagine the stories he could write about. They are LA natives and they host some of the most famous people on the planet.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 10-yr Libor ARM today for an old soul...82 YO -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/19/17 4:50pm
 Wonderful story ... -  John/CT on 8/19/17 7:32pm
 Re: Wonderful story ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 8:03am
 Actually writing a book about your closings would -  Cari on 8/20/17 8:49am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.