Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Interesting segment on "Internet Shaming" this morning on
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/20/17 6:43pm Msg #581471
It's often referred to as "doxing" - researching and revealing a person's real name, email address, home address, phone number, and other personal data, usually for the purpose of allowing others to begin harassing them.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be done, especially not here, because it really serves no purpose and is potentially dangerous - innocent people have gotten death threats because of it.

I was reading the thread below about creating a "Deadbeat of the Week" series of messages, and thinking to myself "This will not end well." The potential for libel lawsuits, against both NR and the people who post the messages, is very high, and I just don't think it's a good idea. It's one thing to post a message or messages about an SS who hasn't paid you; highlighting them and potentially posting personal info is something else altogether, and that's what I'm afraid a "Deadbeat of the Week" series would eventually morph into.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Interesting segment on "Internet Shaming" this morning on -  MW/VA on 8/20/17 6:16pm
 Re: Interesting segment on "Internet Shaming" this morning on - MikeC/TX on 8/20/17 6:43pm
 MW, I'm glad you brought this information here because I -  Cari on 8/20/17 8:28pm
 Re: MW, I - Luckydog on 8/20/17 8:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.