Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Dead beat signing services: "you have nothing to fear."
Posted by grapebed of MO on 8/20/17 10:51pm Msg #581476
I wanted to potentiate a pre-emptive strike against dead Signing Services by writing hard hitting impactful, truthful posts against these criminals who steal money. To compare this with the Charlottesville riots is beyond appalling. Its not worth a comment. It is indefensible.

I am not surprised that the action of choice is to pursue every avenue possible before posting any negative information about non-payment. The notary business is the only industry in the world where participants think so little of their profession, that they deny themselves basic legal rights. We are at the bottom of the totem pole because that's how we want to be treated.

I have never been a victim of a deadbeat signing service. I am not willing to fabricate a story of not being paid. I had thought this had become a widespread problem Apparently it isn't.

Most notaries are not attorneys, therefore most of us can't give legal opinions about such as issues as libel.
"The potential for libel lawsuits, against both NR and the people who post the messages, is very high". Oh really? And you got your Law degree from what University?

If you don't lie, there is no grounds whatsoever for libel. That's my legal opinion.

I am interested in posts that help put money into my pocket. Powder puff Posts that list Plan "B" jobs such as baby sitting or lawn cutting are of no interest to me. But apparently are of interest to the majority of members.

There are many signing services that are getting a good laugh at our handling of this topic. Come on in, the water is safe!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Dead beat signing services: "you have nothing to fear." - grapebed on 8/20/17 10:51pm
 "widespread problem"=>seems that most of the regular posters -  Christine/OK on 8/21/17 6:00am
 I think you should let this one go GB... -  Cari on 8/21/17 6:01am
 Re: I think you should let this one go GB... - Luckydog on 8/21/17 8:41am
 We have Signing Central exactly for that purpose. It's a -  MW/VA on 8/21/17 12:00pm
 I have let it go. I have never had a problem collecting my - grapebed on 8/21/17 10:01am
 Re: I have let it go. I have never had a problem collecting my - SteveS/CA on 8/21/17 11:01am
 Re: Dead beat signing services: "you have nothing to fear." -  Cari on 8/21/17 6:10am
 Re: Dead beat signing services: "you have nothing to fear." - Susan Littlefield on 8/21/17 1:38pm
 false information when written and published is libelous... -  Cari on 8/21/17 2:34pm
 I have never lied on Nzt n/m - grapebed on 8/21/17 3:41pm
 I have never encouraged anyone to lie for any reason on NR. - grapebed on 8/21/17 3:54pm
 Not sure where the Charlottesville tragedy factors in - NVLSlady/VA on 8/21/17 6:00pm
 Re: Dead beat signing services: "you have nothing to fear." - MikeC/TX on 8/21/17 7:32pm
 Re: Dead beat signing services: "you have nothing to fear." - grapebed on 8/21/17 9:39pm
 Something "screwy" going on here. Just a wild guess . . . - NVLSlady/VA on 8/21/17 10:00pm
 Two thumbs up GB! n/m - Luckydog on 8/22/17 11:15am
 Lejuene Notaries Non-Payment - Kim Arehart on 11/11/18 4:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.