Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

101 Year Old POA Signer
Posted by  docs2go/ca of CA on 8/21/17 10:57pm Msg #581571
I wonder if you reacted to this subject the way I did when the S/S called me with the request to have a POA signed by a 101 year old signer: with a bit of trepidation and uncertainty. I told him that I would take certain steps to verify the mental competence of the Signer... and, if I did not feel comfortable, I would not perform the Notary service.

When I arrived, the lady asked me for identification. She then opened her door and bounded up the stairs to the
signing table. She explained fully what she was signing. She provided a valid Driver License... saying she was afraid she might have to give up driving in a year or two. She read the paperwork... without glasses or contact lenses. She explained the history of the complex where she lived, sharing how much she loved her home. I spent time hearing her stories... she was charming. She told me that she has friends 103 and 107.

When I left, she stayed at the door, waving until I had pulled away from her home. Her final words to me were, "I love you."

In my work, it doesn't get much better than this!

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 101 Year Old POA Signer -  docs2go/ca on 8/21/17 10:57pm
 Re: 101 Year Old POA Signer - JS_MD on 8/21/17 11:18pm
 Yep, "it doesn't get much better than this!" :>) n/m -  JanetK_CA on 8/21/17 11:22pm
 "bounded up the stairs...She explained fully"AWESOME Jeannie n/m -  Christine/OK on 8/22/17 6:55am
 awesome story...those words are powerful aren't they... n/m -  Cari on 8/22/17 7:13am
 Re: 101 Year Old POA Signer - Luckydog on 8/22/17 11:11am
 Driver's side - NVLSlady/VA on 8/22/17 11:49am
 Re: 101 Year Old POA Signer -  JanetK_CA on 8/23/17 1:58am
 Great story! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 8/22/17 1:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.