Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

There's still so much confusion about terminology. Pavaso
Posted by  MW/VA of VA on 1/13/18 7:37am Msg #588666
has a platform to do e-closngs, which have been around for years but never took off. I've done a few years ago through Amtrust & Flagstar. It involves the borrower completing a portion of the signing electronically, but still in the presence of a notary. There were still paper docs with wet signatures, too. These are a total PIA from my experience. More work for us & no more pay.
E-notarizations & webcam notarizations are a completely different ball game. Interesting, because I had a call from a co. yesterday that is trying to create a platform that would allow individual electronic notaries to complete the process through their platform with a per transaction fee. At this time, VA requires digital records (an electronic journal & video of each transaction). I've checked it out, and the cost to use platforms like DocVerify & Signix is too expensive for an individual notary. That's why the cos. that are using notaries are paying the costs on that, I believe. Anyway, we're in the digital age & changes are inevitable.,
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Sixteen more states to allow "digital" or "online" closings -  Linda_in_IN on 1/12/18 4:02pm
 I think they will change the process to eliminate the need -  MW/VA on 1/12/18 6:56pm
 Re: I think they will change the process to eliminate the need -  JanetK_CA on 1/12/18 7:17pm
 Re: I think they will change the process to eliminate the need - grapebed on 1/12/18 7:47pm
 There's still so much confusion about terminology. Pavaso -  MW/VA on 1/13/18 7:37am
 Re: There -  Ellen The Notary on 1/13/18 1:42pm
 Re: There - Luckydog on 1/13/18 3:14pm
 Clearly our work is no longer the hottest hustle -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/15/18 8:16am
 Re: Clearly our work is no longer the hottest hustle - Linda_H/FL on 1/15/18 8:59am
 Re: Clearly our work is no longer the hottest hustle - Lee/AR on 1/15/18 9:26am
 Apparently the author failed to notice... -  Roger_OH on 1/15/18 9:54am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.