Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Agree with Cheryl & Yoli
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 3/6/18 12:39pm Msg #590790
I've seen so much aberrant behavior (whacky crazy insane disgusting etc) from signers not under the influence of anything except the absence of vital brain cells that any drunken idiot would be more on top of things than they are. Unless they're falling on the floor soused to the gills and can't hold a pen in their hand to sign, fogettaboutit. I've been to tons of signings where wine was present (especially when I was CA notary in winegrape-growing country). I was always offered a glass, which I would have loved to take (oh, that beautiful merlot shimmering in a crystal goblet)... but in case things went south, no one wants to hear about how the notary was drinking at the signing. Especially the notary. And now with rec pot legal in CA, get ready for that. Not at all uncommon to see it or smell it here.

Unless they're clearly on another planet, let it go.

The signers I have a hard time with are those who scream and yell and complain and wring their hands and pace the room and swear and cuss over every little thing re loan docs but are actually venting while having every intention and desire to sign .... or so it seems. They *want* to sign but somehow just can't cross the finish line without endless drama. But is my presence making them feel they have to sign and it's now or never? I actually packed up my stuff and started to leave at a recent signing, saying you're clearly uncomfortable and not ready to sign and call your LO, blah blah. "Oh, no," he protested. "Please don't go. I want to sign." And then started the hysteronics all over again. Grr.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 adventures in notary last week...... - notarydi/CA on 3/5/18 4:05pm
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/6/18 8:45am
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... - Yoli/CA on 3/6/18 9:30am
 Agree with Cheryl & Yoli - BearPaw/CO on 3/6/18 12:39pm
 thank you ladies for your responses..... - notarydi/CA on 3/6/18 1:29pm
 Re: thank you ladies for your responses..... - BearPaw/CO on 3/6/18 2:39pm
 My worst story with a drunk signer... -  JanetK_CA on 3/6/18 4:03pm
 Re: thank you ladies for your responses..... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/6/18 5:05pm
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... -  Amigoaz on 3/6/18 2:58pm
 yeh, I had a 04/20 as well.....no thank you....:) n/m - notarydi/CA on 3/7/18 12:58am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.