Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

National Inquirer? Supermarket tabloid? Pamela source?
Posted by  sigtogo/OR of OR on 3/6/18 4:59pm Msg #590807
I would like to see the article you refer to because sorry to say and no offense intended, I find this entire thread to be a lot of sensationalism without substance.

No one is going to hide the identity of a signer from the notary.

The TC, bank, platform, whoever is requesting the notarization will have a third party ID verifier. Just like we already do, ie, credit reports, bank transactions, credit requests, etc. It makes perfect sense that we will not see the details of this process. We will get the approval of that ID verification so we can move forward with our own identification of the signer per our state laws.

You VA notaries probably have a better sense than most of how many real estate transactions are done remotely. I don’t recall hearing of that happening so much and I must admit I do not search this out as I am not too concerned about it. Remote signing is far off for Oregon and I will be retired by then so I see no need to get my panties in a bunch.

Be that as it may, we now have 5 states with laws allowing, or in process of implementing, remote notarizations. Just because the laws have changed to allow remote signing does not mean it will happen right away. The powers that be must figure out the logistics and find dollars needed to make it happen. Then they have to get the public on board.

However, at some point it will happen. I supposed depending on your age and how much longer you intend to work will determine if you should look to a different career or get back to marketing for today’s business.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Identity of Signers hidden via remote loan closing.... -  Pamela/CA on 3/5/18 4:51pm
 Re: Identity hidden - Signerbill on 3/5/18 5:01pm
 Re: Identity of Signers hidden via remote loan closing.... - CopperheadVA on 3/5/18 5:24pm
 Re: Identity of Signers hidden via remote loan closing.... - MikeC/TX on 3/5/18 6:20pm
 This is all sooooo crazy! These concepts are obviously -  MW/VA on 3/5/18 7:01pm
 Actually . . . Prior relationship proving by 3rd party - - NVLSlady/VA on 3/5/18 7:04pm
 Can you give me an example in story form on this 3rd party - Lee/AR on 3/5/18 8:53pm
 Re: Can you give me an example in story form on this 3rd party - NVLSlady/VA on 3/5/18 10:23pm
 Re: Actually . . . Prior relationship proving by 3rd party - -  JanetK_CA on 3/5/18 10:03pm
 ["I have no idea how this would all work"] - NVLSlady/VA on 3/5/18 10:36pm
 This is all so confusing. Is it possible that the third -  MW/VA on 3/6/18 8:46am
 Re: This is all so confusing... Cleared up on p. 9 n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 3/6/18 3:29pm
 huh? tongue in check? page 9? please elaborate? n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 3/6/18 4:55pm
 Donna, does this help? - NVLSlady/VA on 3/7/18 10:45am
 National Inquirer? Supermarket tabloid? Pamela source? -  sigtogo/OR on 3/6/18 4:59pm
 Clarifying my comment... n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 3/7/18 10:47am
 Re: Clarifying my comment... - NVLSlady/VA on 3/7/18 10:50am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.