Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Let's work at raising the bar, not lowering it...
Posted by FeliseSoCal of CA on 4/18/18 2:03pm Msg #592322
Lenna, I understand the importance of gratitude, I am certainly grateful for the business I get from many of the companies I work with...

However, this is different. It's important to take into consideration how much time, how many phone calls and emails, it takes to collect on a payment. That is additional time you're not getting paid for. There are many predatory companies out there who simply don't plan on paying at all unless you hound them and/or post bad reviews. It would be naive to think they don't exist or that some magical entity is going to police them.

If you are in business, it's important to set payment standards...30 days, 45 days, whatever is reasonable and agreeable between you and your clients. Of course there will be times when an escrow takes longer than normal to close, or there is a reasonable delay. You can always make those exceptions for clients you work with by communication. But 5 months??? IMHO, that should not be acceptable to anyone.

I personally feel it's better to reward the good/reputable companies by being available for them and providing exceptional service...it's a win/win. Keep the good companies (they are out there) in business, build those relationships, and pass on the ones that clearly don't value your service enough to pay you at all, or on time, without additional time spent on collections. Keeping unethical companies in business just lowers the bar for everyone.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Precision Notary Services - Leanna/AZ on 4/17/18 10:25pm
 Five months to pay is indefensible. They do not deserve any - grapebed on 4/17/18 11:04pm
 Re: Precision Notary Services -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/18/18 7:14am
 I think we need a "Sarcasm Font". n/m - Lee/AR on 4/18/18 7:19am
 This is the Dallas/Ft Worth Precision Notary Services -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/18/18 7:37am
 I can't believe this. You're going to thank them for -  MW/VA on 4/18/18 9:36am
 Re: Precision Notary Serv, my experience and not by choice - HeatherR/CA on 4/18/18 11:46am
 Unless this post was really just a joke.... - BearPaw/CO on 4/18/18 1:12pm
 Let's work at raising the bar, not lowering it... - FeliseSoCal on 4/18/18 2:03pm
 Excellent post! Well said, FeliseSoCal! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 4/18/18 2:49pm
 I'M SURE THIS IS JUST A BIG JOKE......... n/m -  Scriba/NM on 4/18/18 5:31pm
 The joke is on the person who had to chase payment for -  MW/VA on 4/18/18 6:58pm
 I appreciate the heads up, Leanna, about Prestige Notary's -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/18/18 8:11pm
 Precision Cheryl - Not Prestige.......Different Outfit n/m -  Scriba/NM on 4/19/18 1:07am
 Re: Precision Cheryl - Not Prestige.......Different Outfit -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/18 7:49am
 Re: Precision Cheryl - Not Prestige.......Different Outfit -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/18 4:50pm
 OP Didn't say it was Acceptable, only Appreciated. - NVLSlady/VA on 4/19/18 5:11am
 If only notariies would quit working forr 2 star SSs -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/18 8:27am
 2 star SSs (shame, shame) - NVLSlady/VA on 4/19/18 10:26am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.