Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Story of a low-ball notary ...
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 5/26/18 10:33am Msg #593880
Couple of days ago, I drove 40 minutes to get initials on an Exhibit A (legal description) and the borrowers' signature on the "Resigned Security Instrument with CA All Purpose Acknowledgment" and notarization on the latter. Fee for this was $XXX. Lender overnighted me the complete (& recorded) DOT along with the 2 aforementioned pages.

While meeting with borrowers, Mrs. mentioned she was SO VERY glad I was a few minutes early. The last notary they had for their refi (October 2017) had been 3-1/2 hours late! Because he was late, he discounted his fee to them from $75 to $35. They were glad for the discount and she said there were a lot of documents. Notary's reason for being late was traffic. He was driving from the Bay Area to them in Olivehurst. (not knowing where in the Bay Area he was from, that's a 2-3 hour drive -- sounds like he left home at the time he was scheduled to meet them)

I didn't ask any further questions. However, it sounds like docs were sent directly to borrowers. If not, then notary is collecting fees from SS/TC and borrowers. But, let's assume all he got paid for that signing was $35. How's he paying for vehicle fuel (now that prices are almost $4/gal), wear and tear on vehicle and taxes and paying himself ...? Oh, and there's at least one $5 toll bridge on that route!

Still smh ...... ;(

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Story of a low-ball notary ... - Yoli/CA on 5/26/18 10:33am
 Re: Story of a low-ball notary ... - Bear900/CA on 5/26/18 10:44am
 Sounds like there is probably more to the story n/m - ananotary on 5/26/18 11:26am
 Re: Sounds like there is probably more to the story - pdl/cali on 5/26/18 12:30pm
 Re: Story of a low-ball notary ... - SteveS/CA on 5/26/18 3:47pm
 Re: Story of a low-ball notary ... - Luckydog on 5/26/18 5:58pm
 Re: Story of a low-ball notary ... - Expeditor on 5/27/18 4:03pm
 low-ball... Gotta luv'm - Signerbill on 5/29/18 11:38am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.