Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Your state doesn't even require a stamp/seal ....
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 6/21/18 8:57pm Msg #594919
…. so how a stamp can be "illegal" is beyond me. This is what you get for involving the NNA. You use the great resources of NR to ask questions and get advice … so support NR by getting you stuff here. Tho, I don't know that they make custom stamps like you're looking for. If not, just go to Staples and get one made. Your state doesn't appear to address the issue of handwritten or printed notarizations (and why would they? bizarre) … Here's what they have to say:

<<Completing the notarial certificate. This must include all of the following: the date of notarization; your name; the county of appointment; the expiration date of your commission; and if performing a notarial act in a county other than your county of commission, the statement "Acting in the County of _______." Always sign your name exactly as it appears on your application for commission as a notary public, including middle name or initial(s) if used.

The county of notarization (or "venue") is essential as it determines the legal jurisdiction in the event the notarization is challenged in a court of law. This is not the notary's county of residence or commission, although it may be the same.

Michigan law does not require notaries to use an embossed seal or rubber stamp on a document.>>

When in doubt, always refer to your SOS website … and forget the NNA.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary Stamp -  Diann/MI on 6/21/18 7:35pm
 Your state doesn't even require a stamp/seal .... - BearPaw/CO on 6/21/18 8:57pm
 Re: Your state doesn -  Diann/MI on 6/21/18 10:12pm
 I had the same experience at Office Depot - BearPaw/CO on 6/22/18 12:21am
 Re: Your state doesn - Dorothy Matsel on 6/26/18 3:42pm
 Re: Notary Stamp - jojo_MN on 6/22/18 12:27am
 Re: Notary Stamp - Luckydog on 6/22/18 8:33am
 I agree. I wouldn't put the county on my seal. Check your -  MW/VA on 6/22/18 10:27am
 MI doesn't require a seal ... - Linda_H/FL on 6/22/18 10:46am
 I thought she might be using one even if it isn't required. n/m -  MW/VA on 6/22/18 11:33am
 Re: Notary Stamp -  VT_Syrup on 6/23/18 7:01am
 Re: Notary Stamp from former MI notary -  Linda_in_IN on 6/22/18 11:17pm
 Re: Notary Stamp from former MI notary - Dorothy Matsel on 6/26/18 3:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.